PDA

View Full Version : Question about Star

robin48
September 11, 2008, 04:15 PM
I have two 45 cal. Star. The finish is nickle cadium. Serial numbers are sequential. They are in excellent condition. I have not been able to find any info on the finish on this weapon. It is a factory finish not aftermarket. Does anyone know anything about it? What they may be worth or whom I can contact to find out. Thanks

johnbt
September 11, 2008, 07:16 PM
Star (Echeverria) did make some nickel-finished guns, but I'd bet it's their Starvel finish - brushed chrome. I have no idea what the model is or the value. Star's used to run in the $250 to $500 range, but that was years ago. Interarms imported a lot of them.

john

Bill DeShivs
September 11, 2008, 07:31 PM
Star made both a full sized .45, and the small "PD" model.
The full sized gun was offered in blue and chrome. The PD was offered in blued, two tone chrome/alloy, and possibly Starvel. Starvel was a satin electroless nickel. There is no nickel cadmium plating. Model numbers, or pictures, will help get you more information.

robin48
September 13, 2008, 12:42 PM
Theses are full sized weapons, and the only markings are at the bottom of the grip and all it says is PS

Bill DeShivs
September 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
They are probably chromed, then.

robin48
September 13, 2008, 01:00 PM
My primary concern is finding out what they may be worth to an interested buyer. I cannot find any info on them or even any pictures that look like these

Bill DeShivs
September 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
Please post pictures so that we can tell you what you have and what they are worth.