PDA

View Full Version : Member Help Needed

Rich Lucibella
June 19, 1999, 07:01 PM
Guys-
I need to find out when our name catches up to our new address thruout the internet system.

Please go to http://www.thefiringline.com and let me know if it brings you to the new site or the old (mountains and camp) image.
Thanks.
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited June 19, 1999).]

Bulldog
June 19, 1999, 07:18 PM
Hey Rich, it brought me to the new site. I guess I'll change my bookmark back.... http://216.199.9.84/NonCGI/biggrin.gif

olazul
June 19, 1999, 07:29 PM
Actually, I don't think it does. It brings you to the old firing line tent page and when you click enter you are brought to the page which then transfers you to the new TFL face.

Say that ten times real fast!

Olazul

Zach
June 19, 1999, 07:53 PM
On me it is the new site...hmmm.

Rich Lucibella
June 19, 1999, 07:59 PM
olazul-
That's what i wanted to hear. It works for me also. Obviously, it hasn't proagated thru the system. Please check daily, after 7PM and report back, if you remember.
Thanks.
Rich

longhair
June 19, 1999, 08:06 PM
Rich, just tried it and it brought me right here. 8:00pm cdt

------------------
what me worry? hell yes!!

olazul
June 19, 1999, 09:00 PM
It's workin' now.

Gunslinger
June 20, 1999, 12:01 AM
Every time I go to it, either through my book mark or by typing in thefiringline I get:

An error has occurred in the script on this page. The script operation has been canceled.

Below that:

Microsoft JScript runtime error
[Line: 15] 'Image is undefined'

After I click on "OK" I'm then transferred to TFL. This began after the switch was made. I hadn't mentioned it because it isn't really a problem for me and figured it was either my provider, AOL, or my own inept computer skills. By my own admission I'm not very *ept* when it comes to these things. However it may mean something to you, so if it helps..........................

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

spark@onestopknifeshop.com
June 20, 1999, 01:05 AM
It's showing up on MediaOne now, Rich, so I'd say you are just about good to go. Give it till tomorrow after 7, then change the variables to www.thefiringline.com (http://www.thefiringline.com) instead of the IP.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com (http://www.bladeforums.com)

JJB
June 20, 1999, 01:54 AM
IT's working for me as of today -- for the first time.

Jim in IN

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

Zach
June 20, 1999, 08:31 AM
Gunslinger: What version of your browser are you using? It might be the image flip that they used.

Gunslinger
June 20, 1999, 12:41 PM
It's internet explorer.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

[This message has been edited by Gunslinger (edited June 20, 1999).]

Gunslinger
June 20, 1999, 03:20 PM
Zach it looks like it's internet explorer.

------------------
Gunslinger

[This message has been edited by Gunslinger (edited June 20, 1999).]

El Chimango Pete
June 20, 1999, 03:49 PM
The Batmobile dashboard (i.e., the new site) from way down south here.

Zach
June 20, 1999, 04:02 PM
Ok Gunslinger, do you have channels? I need to know the version number.

cmore
June 20, 1999, 10:05 PM
rich, it brought me straight here, 10:53 pm
question, why do i have to type in my user name ,etc first post after i log on? old system it came up automatically. does here after the first one. something i'm not doing? or need to do? cmore

Rich Lucibella
June 20, 1999, 10:29 PM
Thanks guys. We have switched all pointers over to "www.thefiringline.com". Please proceed to http://www.thefiringline.com:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=31863 for instructions.
Rich

Gunslinger
June 20, 1999, 11:38 PM
Zach, channels?
Really it isn't a problem for me. If you want to try to educate this poor ol' dumb country boy it's appreciated but not really necessary. Most of the errors in my system can be traced back to the one pushing the keys. :)

------------------
Gunslinger

Dennis
June 20, 1999, 11:47 PM
Using IE 5, 6/21/99-0046 hrs, directly to new page.

Dave Kreyer
June 21, 1999, 12:54 PM
Rich, I got to the new home page without any problem.

Zach
June 21, 1999, 02:46 PM
Gunslinger, I'm saying this because in some versions of IE you have to specify the size of the images in the Image(); property of Javascript.

Gunslinger
June 21, 1999, 09:05 PM
Thanks Zach. I *think* the problem has simply gone away. It hasn't done it the last two days. After I book marked it again yesterday it takes me straight to the site with no interuptions.

------------------
Gunslinger

panda51
January 4, 2007, 02:12 PM
Why is it that postings that are useles are still on and can they be removed.thanks.

Bud Helms
January 4, 2007, 05:11 PM
Yes they can be removed, but we do not because of the overall value of the data herein. Imagine how difficult it would be to get rid of all the "useless" threads and keep the "good" ones.

Did someone hit you up for a storage cost donation?

Mal H
January 4, 2007, 09:07 PM
panda51 - I have to admit to a bit of curiosity here. Of all the threads you could have chosen why choose this one to append your question to? Why append your question to any thread instead of creating a new one?

I assume your question was prompted by the old Pedersoli thread that you responded to. Your frustration is understandable, but you have to realize that The Firing Line is more than just a chat room and a sales place for current items. We have a very large database of archived threads and files that may be of interest to someone in the future, no matter how "useless" they may appear to the casual observer. For that reason, no threads are deleted, with the obvious exception of threads created only to cause mischief or by trolls such as cell phone sales, etc.

My advice to you (and a lot more members who seem to forget from time to time) is to be aware of and check the date of any thread you are responding to. It can save you some grief and embarrassment.

Mike Irwin
January 5, 2007, 01:05 PM
"Why is it that postings that are useles are still on and can they be removed.thanks."

It's called HISTORY.

What's useless to you may be of use, or just interest, to another.

Mike Irwin
January 5, 2007, 01:12 PM
"Did someone hit you up for a storage cost donation?"

Why yes, just recently!

Here, I'll post the letter...

TO the HONORABLE Mike Irwin;

Dear Irwin,

I am being Barrister Okoma Tutolla. I am being THEFIRINGLINE.COM service agent in Nigeria.

Recently, our computers beginning to overflowing the data onto the floor, and now we being needing new computers. Since you have so many posteds, and am being the top posteder on THEFIRINGLINE.COM, THEFIRINGLINE.COM is asking you to contribute $500.00 American dollars to THEFIRINGLINE.COM so that THEFIRINGLINE.COM can being buying new computers so the data not being to overflowing on the floor.

Please be treating this humble entreaty with confidence and fraternity.

Sincerely,

Barrister Okoma Tutolla

Trapp
January 5, 2007, 01:27 PM
Tell them to send you $20 so you can pay for the money order and postage:D

Scam the scammers

Capt Charlie
January 5, 2007, 02:00 PM
Hey Mike, I didn't know Rich had an offshore account. :D

I'll bet Rich didn't know either ;) .

Mike Irwin
January 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
In the words of Harriet Johnson, school marm of Rock Ridge...

"WON'T SOMEBODY HELP THAT POOR MAN?"

Bud Helms
January 5, 2007, 05:52 PM
I'm asking for a raise!

Mal H
January 5, 2007, 06:53 PM
Bud - apparently you didn't get the word. All TFL moderators got a 20% raise starting at the beginning of the year. I haven't gotten the check yet to see what the actual amount is, but I can figure it out - hold on a sec ....

[lessee - .20 times $0.00 equals ... ] Hey! Wait just a second!

Oh, Rich!!!