PDA

View Full Version : shotgun holster

Brutus
August 3, 2008, 08:22 AM
Anyone out there ever use one of these, or even seen one?
Seems like a great idea for field use when handeling dogs, etc.
www.shotgunholster.net

Scattergun Bob
August 3, 2008, 09:58 AM
Whe I get so old that I can not sling my Scattergun, well, guess I have to by one of those:barf:. At 61 I guess that time might come:eek:.

Brutus
August 3, 2008, 10:58 AM
Putting a sling on my over/under is about as appealing to me as laying it down in the snow. Maybe I'm just being anal but in all my years in the field I can only recall seeing a slung shotgun once.

New_Pollution1086
August 3, 2008, 12:20 PM
Dude seriously that is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen. It may have some practical purpose for some people, but the look is just awful.

sorry if I offended any owners.

T

Scattergun Bob
August 3, 2008, 07:26 PM
Plesent Valley Senior High class of 1967, Go Vilkings!!!!!!!

olddrum1
August 3, 2008, 11:15 PM
Every few years something like this comes out. Looks neat until you watch your third or forth single fly.

b.thomas
August 4, 2008, 01:36 AM
I'll carry shotgun slings with loops in my vest to use when I have carry allot of gear on occasion but that thing is horrendous!:barf:

Jeff Mulliken
August 4, 2008, 07:10 AM
It is a solution in search of a problem.

If you need a hands free option like hiking into flooded woods to hunt duck get one of the slings with loops on the ends. They require no swivels to be mounted and once in place you slide the sling off and stick it in your pocket and start hunting.

They are also inexpensive...

Jeff

rem870hunter
August 6, 2008, 07:02 PM
no thanks, i have no use for that. looks ok if all you want to do is walk with a shotgun, not carrying it in your hands but also not slung over your shoulder. i think it would be banging or getting hung up on limbs and brush, who knows. i'm not bashing the idea of it. just saying its not for me.

WacosSon
August 7, 2008, 02:57 AM
Creates more problems than its worth. Its bulky, non-strategically placed, and looks like its only secure with breaking guns.

The day my scattergun's too heavy for me, I'll put it down, thanks.

Brutus
August 10, 2008, 09:54 AM
Where can I find the loop style slings? Are they made for doubles?