PDA

View Full Version : best autoloader for trap

T-Ball
August 2, 2008, 09:37 PM
I was wondering what would be the best autoloader for trap and sporting clays. what one is the easiest to maintain and which one has a bullet prof system. thanks for the imput

Fat White Boy
August 2, 2008, 09:41 PM
Hard to beat the 1100 Remington. Multiple barrels and chokes that you can change in seconds...

JWT
August 2, 2008, 09:44 PM
Another fan of the Remington 1100. Soft recoil, reliable, good shooting gun. Design has been around for years and is well proven.

hoytinak
August 2, 2008, 09:46 PM
My 1100 Classic Trap has done me great for years. :)

RoscoeC
August 3, 2008, 07:31 AM
The 1100 has certainly proven itself. However, I have recently switched to a Beretta A390 because it is more tolerant of a wider range of ammo, as are the 391's.

Either should serve you quite well.

mikenbarb
August 3, 2008, 10:10 AM
Remington 1100 or Browning Gold. Either is a great gun for trap but the 1100 has proven itself time after time and lots of them still out there busting em every day.

BigJimP
August 4, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm not a big gas gun fan ....they're a pain in the butt to clean / and I find them a little slow to cycle the 2nd round, so I would recommend the Benelli. Benelli super sport - you can get in a 30" barrel - and it has enough adjustability that it can be setup for a lot of shooters.

Benelli is quick to cycle - not that it matters on trap / but it shoots very cleanly - and its the primary gun I use for training new shooters. Its light - but you can add some weight to it if you want. Its also a good travel gun for me - take it to hunt, shoot skeet, some sporting clays, whatever - one gun does everything reasonably well. The rap on Benelli is it will not cycle real light loads - but mine will cycle anything, even 7/8 oz 12ga loads, as long as they are 1200 fps ( and to me that's a very light load ).

If you like the gas guns / Remington or Beretta are probably your best choices and they're a lot cheaper than the Benelli.

Ledbetter
August 4, 2008, 04:52 PM
Got an 1100. Love it.

Also have a Stoeger (Benelli clone made in Turkey). Love it as well.

almtiba
August 7, 2008, 09:56 AM
Benelli Super Sport.

Regards,

Andre Tiba - Brazil

ebutler462
August 7, 2008, 10:36 AM
I have put a lot of ammo through my Stoeger 2000 without a hiccup. Too light for heavy use without a Limbsaver. Great for upland hunting. Does a good job at clays if there wasn't so much air around the clays.

I have a 11-87 that I retired when I got my 2000. With a Limbsaver, it is a pleasure.