PDA

View Full Version : Browning Gold Sporting Clays: who shoots them?

sernv99
August 1, 2008, 09:23 PM
looking for reviews of the Browning Gold Sporting Clays semi-auto, 12 gauge, 30" barrels. Good? Bad? so-so? didnt find anything in past threads

Thanks.

BigJimP
August 4, 2008, 03:02 PM
I have shot them in the past / but I did not buy one.

Stock dimensions on the gun aren't quite right for me - and I would have had to go to a custom stock which I didn't really want to do.

I think they're a good gun / and I'm a big Browning fan ( I have about a dozen over unders - all Brownings ) - but honestly I bought the Benelli Super Sport in a 30" barrel instead. I just felt like the Benelli fit me better with the optional comb insert / was easily adjustable to fit a left or right handed shooter with the changeable butt pads - had more adjustability with the shims between receiver and stock. The Browning was about the same price as the Benelli - maybe a little less - but this was a little over a year ago when I went thru the process. I also like the inertia system in the Benelli and how fast it cycles a round / and how clean it shoots.

mikenbarb
August 4, 2008, 03:08 PM
Got one, Love it and never had a problem. The wood is a little chunky but fine for me. The name speaks for itself.:D