PDA

View Full Version : Pardner Protector Sights

mulebrother
July 21, 2008, 08:01 AM
Has anyone put any aftermarket sights (ghost rings) on the H&R pardner protector? I am curious to find out if there were any problems. The back of the reciever looks 'benelli-like', instead of the smooth look of a mossberg or 870... Kinda worried that shape wont work for most of the aftermarket ghost ring sights. The ones from mossberg look like they would be the most likely to work to me...but I am hoping someone has already tried.
The reciever of the protector is already tapped for a rail or something...but I want some ghost ring sights.

Any help appreciated.
And for the record...I have an 870, and love it. Just couldnt resist a $150 shotgun to goof around with. I just qualify this before the "i wouldnt own a chinese shotgun" and "i love my 870" stuff starts!:)

MAX100
July 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
You should have bought a Norinco 982 because it comes with GRS. It's the same shotgun as the Protector but they have different style receivers.

Installing GRS on the Protector will be no problem. You will have to have the receiver tapped for the right hole spacing and the front sight will have to be soldered or epoxied on.

You could also go with the LPA rail mount rear sight and the right front sight to match. H&R sales the scope bases for these shotguns.

I would keep it as is and buy a 982 because after you go to the expense of having GRS installed on the Protector you will have spent almost as much as what the 982 cost.

The 982 with GRS:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/MAX100/GCNOR982-1.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/MAX100/NOR982T-3.jpg

mulebrother
July 22, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the reply...that puts my mind at ease.

A norinco 982? I ain't buyin one of them cheap chinese junkers...:D

Actually, i heavily considered it, b/c of the GRS...but that H&R is just a cooler looking gun imo. I will post some pics when i get it done. Nothing like puttin $100 sights, one of your mag exstensions, a flashlight & mount, a shell holder sidesaddle on a $150 shotgun...
aint freedom great!:)

MAX100
July 22, 2008, 02:30 PM
A norinco 982? I ain't buyin one of them cheap chinese junkers

Have you looked on the side of the receiver of your gun. It is made in China also. It is made by Nornico and imported by Hawk Ind just like the the 982. Norinco makes both shotguns. The Pardner Protector is the same gun as the 982 with a different style receiver.

Remington- Marlin- H&R are paying Hawk Ind to import Norinco made shotguns.

GC