PDA

View Full Version : Surefire 623FA Tactical Light on Mossberg 590SP

jtdominate
July 3, 2008, 05:40 PM
Need a little help. Bought a 590SP and the Surefire 623FA Tactical Light while on vacation in GA. Installed the Housing but with the light installed it's hitting the front bayonet lug and won't allow the action to be closed. I've thought about machining the bayonet lug or trying to get the smaller 3volt light. I'm having a hard time finding the 3v light (and think it may be expensive given the Surefire was $249) and don't wanna machine the bayo lug. Any suggestions?? Kinda ****** that the shop even sold me the light.

Other than not having to unlock the action could this cause a malfunction of any sort? This is my first shotgun.

Have seen several light setups that sit in front of the action between the two rings that go over the mag tube.

USP45T
July 8, 2008, 11:49 AM
Surefire makes an adjustable offset adapter. Never used one, never even saw one in person. I researched this a while ago. Was pricey. I think it was model A7 or A17. Sorry, not much help.

Desert01
July 8, 2008, 01:09 PM
Right off the Surefire Website:

Note: For shotguns equipped with a bayonet lug, the lug must be removed to mount the Shotgun WeaponLight.

I run Insight M-3X lights on Ergo Railed Forends if it helps.

http://pro-patria.us/500Light.jpg
M-6X pictured

jtdominate
July 11, 2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the assists guys. I notice that in the manual after I got the barrel and action disassembled. The Shurefire grip feels nice but I'm looking into the rail option now. Just blows that the SF costs more than half of what the 590SP cost...LOL (beats crying about it). Nice shop, greedy salesperson.

Think I' gonna end up putting rails on the front and attaching an Insight light. Guess that means I'll have to "find" another 590 or 500 to make good use of that Surefire. Still contemplating machining the bay lug down to make clearance for the light.:p The bayo is cool but defeats my need for a smaller HD shotgun. In the long run that beats shelling out another $125+ for the Insight....

Either way I'll pst pic of the final decision. Thanks again for the asist!

J