PDA

View Full Version : Double-Barrel AOW?

seeker_two
June 30, 2008, 04:47 PM
Does anyone manufacture a short double-barrel shotgun (O/U or SxS) that falls under the AOW stamp (like the Serbu pump) instead of the SBS stamp?

Many thanks..... :D

shaggy
June 30, 2008, 04:59 PM
Currently manufactured? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think so. What you're looking for, however, is an Ithaca Auto & Burglar Gun. I think they were only available in 20 ga. The problem is that the receiver of such a gun can only have been manufactured as a pistol or virgin receiver - it cannot have ever had a stock on it to be able to registered as an AOW rather than an SBS. I do seem recall Denny's Guns either making a version in recent years or attempting to get a limited number made, but I cannot now recall if that was just a discussion on Subguns/Sturm or if they ever got it to market.

David Hineline
June 30, 2008, 07:10 PM
If you are interested in this because of saving the tax money, then the rarity and custom nature of the AOW double will more than offset the $195 tax savings.

If you have other goals, then you could have a gunsmith do a one off custom if they could come up with a new never used receiver of some kind.

I have registered and built combination doubles with one shotgun barrel and one 45.70 rifle barrel from a shotgun which also qualifies as an AOW.

Cost is custom and prohibitive.

VUPDblue
June 30, 2008, 09:47 PM
Didn't Norell do some of those a bunch of years back?

Bill DeShivs
July 1, 2008, 12:47 AM
John Norrel did them on old Iver Johnson receivers.
Auto & Burglar guns were mostly 20 ga., with a few 28 ga. made.