PDA

View Full Version : 5 position gun

johnwilliamson062
June 28, 2008, 12:21 PM
for 5 position, what shotgun should I use? Cheaper=better. Furniture doesn't matter I will carve a stock eventually. I think semi auto is a must, 20 ga was recommended.

johnwilliamson062
June 28, 2008, 12:27 PM
I am borrowing a gun tomorrow but would like to have some idea as to what I should look at as there will be many guns there and I expect I will be able to handle, possibly shoot, many of them.

mikenbarb
June 28, 2008, 02:11 PM
Browning Gold or Gold Sporting. I love them both.:D

RoscoeC
June 28, 2008, 04:23 PM
There are lots of good choices. The best choice will be whatever you can afford that fits you well. If you are patient, you can find lots of good used auto loaders. I recently bought a Beretta A390 with a 30" ported barrel in very nice shape for $450.00. You would be hard pressed to find anything that will do the job better for any price.

The Brownings are nice. I noticed that Bass Pro has the Winchester SX2 field on sale for $599.00. Great gun, great buy. I am hearing lots of good things about the Mossberg 930, for a little less.

I have a friend that shoots 20 ga. He usually outshoots me. I opted for the 12, because, I don't think the difference in recoil is significant, and there are lots more ammo choices for 12 ga.

Good luck. If you fall in love with it like I did, you may end up with a dozen or so shotguns in a couple of years. :p

johnwilliamson062
June 29, 2008, 06:02 PM
I just got back.

Good luck. If you fall in love with it like I did, you may end up with a dozen or so shotguns in a couple of years.

Uggh. I am worried in may be a few months...