PDA

View Full Version : Remington premier STS

PUP
June 20, 2008, 10:49 AM
I am lookong at getting a new shotgun for shooting trap, skeet, and clays.
I am looking at a Remington Premier STS.
Do any of you have any experince with this shotgun, good ,bad?
Any info is appreciated.

Arabia
June 20, 2008, 02:30 PM
I believe these are re-badged Italian made guns. Not sure which manufacture.

BigJimP
June 20, 2008, 07:28 PM
I saw a review of the gun recently - and as I recall it wasn't too impressive. I think I saw them listing for around $ 2,000 - and I think both Browning and Beretta have a number of models that have proven themselves over time that would be a better investment. Some of them are more money - but I think this O/U from Remington is a pretty big risk.

Personally, there is also a lot of drop at the comb on this gun - and I'd be really careful unless you are confident that is the right stock dimension for you or it might beat the daylights out of you or have a point of impact that isn't really not going to work for you. In my opinion, guns that have a paralell comb - paralell to the rib - with an adjustable comb option are a better overall gun and have enough adjustability to fit more shooters. Shotguns do not come in one size fits all. Guns with this much drop at the comb can be a real problem if they don't fit.

Look at the Browning XS Skeet with an adjustable comb or the Browning XS Special - or even the Cynergy synthetic with the adj comb on them and I think you'll see a lot more adjustabilty. The Remington is probably cheaper - but I don't know if you'll be happy with it or not long term.

Oli
June 21, 2008, 06:45 AM
They're made by Sabatti, so it's not a Remingtion O/U per se, but you do have normal Rem warranty coming with it so it's a big plus if anything go wrong with it.

Oli
June 21, 2008, 06:51 AM
I was just looking at the 2007 catalog and model #89593 (32") and 89594 (30") comes with an adjustable comb.