View Full Version : Weapon Shield Update fron Iraq

gcfennell
June 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
07 May 2008

Steel Shield Technologies. Inc
3351 Industrial Blvd
Bethel Park. PA 15102-2543

Mark and George,
I wanted to take time to express my sincere thanks to you and Steel Shield Technologies, Inc. for your support while I was deployed overseas in support of the Global War on Terrorism.
Your product, Weapon Shield, was truly a "life saver".
In my first combat tour to Afghanistan in late 2003, not knowing much about your product, I began to use it for my personal weapon and my crew-served vehicle weapon as a just another oil that I receivod in my care packages from home. I soon became educated on how this product was head and shoulders above the rest.
In the grueling conditions of southwestern Afghanistan, our weapons were subject to severe heat, dust, and even potential rust due to the humidity in the area. Compared to the other oils that we received, Weapon Shield was the only product that stood up to the battlefield environment and did not cause the bolt of the Weapons to become "gummy" or "sticky". Weapon Shield actually acted as a "shield" and as a dust repellent
When I found out that I was deploying back to Iraq in 2007, one of my first calls was to my father to get my hands on Weapon Shield. While conducting pro-deployment training at Fort Brag, I introduced my soldiers to this product. When it comes to selling to a tough audience young
enlisted men are some of the toughest to buy into a new idea. Within days, all of the men were carrying this product and were even hoarding bottles within their packs.
When we got to Iraq, Weapon Shield bottles became a part of the combat packing list as assigned by my Detachment Sergeant. Weapon Shield was now the Standing Operating Procedure; a small bottle on each man and tube of grease in each truck.
Weapons Shield brought us through over 2S fire fights with great success when other soldier's from different Unit's weapons failed. On one occasion on patrol with another unit, their .50 cal machine gun jammed. One of my gunners tossed a bottle of Weapon Shield to them. They broke down their weapon, applied the Weapon Shield and quickly got back into the firelight. In our mission after action review, my soldiers quickly commented on how their weapons would only be treated with this product.
The bottom line is this... In two combat tours to both Afghanistan and Iraq, weapons treated with Weapon Shield, NEVER jammed. That saved lives. As a unit commander, my most important job was to complete this mission while bringing all of my soldiers home. Weapon Shield was a great contributor to my unit accomplishing that mission. In combat, the only option is perfect. If
you are not, you can die. Weapon Shield was PERFECT every time. Victory!
Craig A Hickerson
MAJOR, Infantry
USAR

ImDisaster
June 5, 2008, 01:51 PM
Sounds pretty good. How does it compare to the old standbys like FP10 or Breakfree? Do you have actual maximum pressure data or corrosion comparisons?

parrothead2581
June 5, 2008, 03:02 PM
Now that is a testimonial worth reading.

Mine has been working wonderfully. Thanks again George. :)

I'm just waiting for Midway to get more in stock. It has been listed as on backorder for months now. I suppose that's a testament to the popularity of the product!

gcfennell
June 6, 2008, 08:58 AM
I am the inventor/formulator of FP10 and Weapon Shield.
Weapon Shield is by far, even more superior than my old FP-10.
As for breakfree...Weapon Shield blows it out of the water.
The proof is in the putting.
Best regards,
George

hoytinak
June 6, 2008, 09:23 AM
I myself have used Weapon Shield on my last 3 deployments on my M14, M4 and M2's and loved it. Great product! :cool:

gcfennell
June 6, 2008, 09:32 AM
JUST received this email this morning from Eli Rasponi and Alpha Company 2-104th (Black Sheep)

From Alpha Company 2-104th (Black Sheep) a tremendous thanks! Thank you so very much for the numerous bottles of lubrication to help keep our weapons running in these absolutely awful conditions. I run your lube on my personal weapons at home, particularly the ones I carry every day to keep myself and my loved ones safe. I trust your product to keep them working at home and now I trust them to keep them functional abroad. The Black Sheep truly appreciate your personal sacrifice recognizing that the cost of those products come straight from your company's pocket. You are a great American and what you do means so much more to us then the thousands of "support our troops"
magnets on cars around America, and similar superficial gestures.

In short thank you so much from me, Eli, and from the Black Sheep!

And thank you Eli and the Black Sheep.
Thanks to all of you as well for your support.
My best regards,
George

Michaelm45
June 6, 2008, 03:01 PM
It would be nice if you could find it in retail stores.

rgates
June 6, 2008, 11:28 PM
Best CLP I've used. Absolutely amazing results. I'm about due to order another 16oz. bottle. Maybe some 4 oz. ones for some friends. Thanks again George for an amazing product. Our entire military should have Weapon Shield.
They need and deserve the best.

Crosshair
June 8, 2008, 01:34 PM
Sounds like some interesting stuff. I'll have to keep it in mind. Break Free CLP seems to work really good as is for me on my non-ak guns and my AK's run fine on plain lithium grease. I wonder how much of an improvement I would actually see considering the price difference. (Only one way to find out I guess.:p )

However the thing that caught my eye is the claim that it helps remove lead fouling. I shoot allot of cast boolits and 22 rimfire and this feature looks interesting.

gcfennell, how does this stuff work at removing lead fouling? Does it actually dissolve it or does it just loosen it somehow?

Thanks

PhilA
June 12, 2008, 09:14 PM
George, I absolutely LOVE the bottle of Weapon Shield you so graciously sent me as part of your free bottle offer on this forum awhile back. My Kimber runs great with it on the rails, and is remarkably easy to clean after a range session. I'll be buying more after my freebie runs out :)

xd.40
June 12, 2008, 11:21 PM
Range Repot in.....:)

Just got my bottle of Weapon Shield in the mail today.

Field Stripped a couple of pistols down and applied Weapon Shield to them. I didn't think that I would have time to test it out, but I ran into a buddy at the gun store and he was debating between a Glock 23 and an XD .40cal. So I took him out shooting, and he Loved the XD, so we went back to town and he bought the XD. He aready has a glock 22, but now he has a Real gun... an XD... LOL.. Just kidding....
Anyway, back to my story, Since I already put the Weapon Shield on my gun, it was a Quick clean up after the range. We only put about 250 Rounds through it though, because that is all I had.
So in short, Nothing stuck to this stuff, and it made for an easy clean up. I used Hoppes #9 for the Solvent, (Didn't need to though, just habbit) and then Re-Applied the Weapon Shield.

Oh Yah, a Little bit goes a LONG way...This stuff is SWEET. ;)

Excellent Product!

Thanks Again Weapon Shield.

As Always, Stay Safe.

ssilicon
June 13, 2008, 01:24 PM
You will pardon any of us who take these anecdotes with a grain of salt, considering the one initiating the posting about it would stand to benefit from positive reviews.

I have read other places that Break Free CLP and Eezox are better than your product, and I'm sure there are plenty of good anecdotes about them as well.

On a side note, I found a couple of the items in your anecdotes humorous. On one hand the talk about the sand and dust, and almost in the same breath playing up the humidity issue. Also, I like the one about the 50 cal that jammed, and after it was serviced and re-lubed (with your product) it worked again! Yes, and in all honesty you know it would have worked again had it been serviced and re-lubed with any one of several weapon lube products just as well.

I'm not saying that WS is good. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm saying I'm not just going to take your word (and those of the anecdotes you hand picked to post) for it.

Have a nice day, and good luck selling your product. I might even try it sometime. To the rest of you, do some digging around for comparisons before you buy a case of this stuff or even better, do your own testing. If it really is "all that" (and a bag of chips), then there are no worries as this stuff will be selling itself!

parrothead2581
June 13, 2008, 04:04 PM
silicon,

Read through this thread and see for yourself. http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253758 (http://http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253758)

tplumeri
June 13, 2008, 06:59 PM
I consider weapon shield up there with Militech.
different types of product but both excellent.
I was about to send my PM9 back to kahr because of jams and misfeeds.
i had taken it down twice already. the third time i used weapon shield.
ran perfect since.
and this isnt "hand picked" by anyone!
tom

Napahunter
June 13, 2008, 07:20 PM
I'm all about Weapon Shield also. Took advantage of the free offer,and haven't looked back. I ordered a large bottle, and all my long guns in the safe NEVER even has a hint of rust. My wife's shotgun always had a little surface rust spots on it. Not since using WS! All the actions are smooth with this product. If you use it you know, if you don't to each his own.

Tom2
June 13, 2008, 08:09 PM
How well does it cling to the surfaces and last over time? Some lube oils seem to work really well but don't hang around very long, it is as if they bead off the metal instead of clinging and the gun is seemingly dry again before long. They might be leaving some kind of "invisible" shield that I can't see, but if the gun looks dry, you want to do something about it right now. Might be all in your head, only scientific proof can solve that one.

rgates
June 13, 2008, 08:58 PM
I've used Weapon Shield since the initial samples went out. I've since used about 2/3 of a 16 oz. bottle and a little goes a loooong way. The slides, actions and triggers all feel smoother and lighter than with any other lube I've tried and I've tried a lot. As far as it staying put, it must. I noticed after each cycle of shooting and cleaning, the cleaning was noticably easier through about the fourth cycle. By that time I was amazed at how much easier the cleaning goes. After a day of shooting I can blow out the inside of the slide with air or wipe with a dry cloth and it's shiny inside again. I'm impressed enough I've stopped looking for anything else. But read on. There are quite a few threads here about WS. Read 'em all.

ssilicon
June 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
Parrothead, your link you posted doesn't open for me.

Horseman
June 14, 2008, 02:07 PM
I have dozens of products in a plastic bin. Most of them were purchased after reading accolades like this one. I am realistic enough now to know there's no free lunch with gun products. There cannot be one product that works best in every environment. For instance I do most of my bench shooting/varminting in the summer. I don't typically use the same lubes on my hunting rigs in the fall/winter hunting months.

This doesn't mean WS isn't a fine product. I've never used it. But everyone should realize WS isn't the first gun care product to have these accolades on a gun forum. And I'm sure it won't be the last.

parrothead2581
June 14, 2008, 02:33 PM
ssilicon,

Here's the link that I was trying to post: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253758

gcfennell
June 23, 2008, 01:27 PM
...and saving lives is what it does, proof positive.

Even those who would doubt, have every opportunity to give us a shout, get a FREE sample, and see for themselves.

No one on these forums gets paid a dime for their comments about Weapon Shield, and the same was true about my older product "FP-10".

If your minds are open to it, just email Gary at sstinc2@verizon.net and request a sample. Then you too can put it to the ultimate test (your own) and not rely on the accolades and anecdotes of others.

Best regards,
George

Jermtheory
June 23, 2008, 03:58 PM
I have dozens of products in a plastic bin. Most of them were purchased after reading accolades like this one. I am realistic enough now to know there's no free lunch with gun products. There cannot be one product that works best in every environment. For instance I do most of my bench shooting/varminting in the summer. I don't typically use the same lubes on my hunting rigs in the fall/winter hunting months.

This doesn't mean WS isn't a fine product. I've never used it. But everyone should realize WS isn't the first gun care product to have these accolades on a gun forum. And I'm sure it won't be the last.

true enough...

although(anecdote warning!)...ive been shooting and using various lubes for over 20 years.WS is far and away my favorite yet...the smell may have something to do with that though.:D

amd6547
June 23, 2008, 05:13 PM
I've used alot of different lubes, and liked Breakfree overall the best...until I tried my free sample of WS. WeaponSheild is far and away the better lube.
WS stays put longer than breakfree, cleans easier, and my firearms treated with it seemed smoother immedaitely, guns that had been cleaned with breakfree for years. I will certainly buy it again. Particularly on the AR15, nothing works better.

Denny Hansen
June 23, 2008, 05:33 PM
Very, very cool, testimonial.

Disclaimer: While George is a friend of mine I would not use his product if I did not fully believe in it. I use WS on all my own firearms, and it has become my favorite on ARs.

FWIW, when I teach CCW courses and we get to the maintenance portion of the class, I give one of the pen type oilers to each student. I tell them it's more than a freebie, it's something they can trust to keep their pistols running.

Denny

OnTheFly
June 23, 2008, 06:04 PM
George,

I'm a noob to the shooting world, so please excuse any ignorance displayed on my part. I was wondering if Steel Shield Technologies. Inc had any intention of putting out a thicker lubricant which is often applied to the slide groove/guides?

I have been using WS for a few months and am very happy with the results of corrosion resistance, general lubrication, and how well it cleans up after shooting even the dirtiest of ammo. The only thing I notice is that the WS I put on the slide appears to lubricate for a while, but after I have had the pistol stored for a couple of weeks, I find that the slide and guides appear to be pretty dry. I've never used a grease, but the concept sounds good. If you have no plans of producing such a product, then there is probably a good explanation as to why which I would love to hear about.

Thanks,
Fly

Clayton
June 24, 2008, 08:51 AM
For the skeptics, I've tried pretty much every lube out there and Weapon Shield is the best CLP on the market. Lots of decent products like Break-Free CLP out there, I've used Break-Free for many, many years, as well as G96, Eezoxx, and others. No CLP works as well as Weapon Shield CLP.

http://www.weaponshield.com/PDF/WeaponShieldReliability.pdf

As for Militec-1, it is a great lubricant as mentioned, and the guys at Militec support the troops 100% as well, but it is not a CLP and it will not prevent corrosion as well as Weapon Shield CLP. Not even close.

www.militec-1.com

Great to see Weapon Shield is in the hands of the guys that can really use it the most. Outstanding job, George!

All of our trials and testemonials will pale in comparison to the field reports coming in from harm's way, as in the above statements. The environmental conditions of Afghanistan and Iraq, and the sheer amount of Weapon Shield CLP being used daily by our troops have proven how effective this stuff really is.

As to using something thicker like a grease, I personally don't think that it is necessary, or a good idea, but lots of guys do. If you want a grease, try the LithiShield from George -

http://www.steelshieldtech.com/prodsheetpdf/pdfcombined/Lithi-Shield.pdf

Milcomm TW-25B is also very popular -

www.milcomm.com

Clay

bigjack59
June 28, 2008, 12:31 PM
Tremendous testomonials, where can you get this stuff?

Water-Man
June 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hi George. Received my sample today and am looking forward to trying it. Thanks again.

rgates
June 28, 2008, 02:15 PM
www.weaponshield.com

Blankwaffe
June 29, 2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah testimonials are worth exactly what they are,which are opinions most of the time and everyone has one.I know Ive got several and here is one of them.
Personal experience from men in the field under not so good combat conditions,showing good results from his group is another.
Yeah George can jump up and down saying his Weapon Shield is the best ever and receive doubt from some folks.But he is a man of his word and is willing to stand up for what he says.If a person has doubt in what he says its easy to just get a sample and try it out.For free too.If you have question then call and ask...George and Mark will stand on thier heads trying to answer questions.
Trust me,I have been hounding George since the year 2000 by phone,email and in person at matches...I mean almost weekly too.Im a pretty hard sell and require alot of detailed information.Including formula details.
So I'd say he is open to just about any line of questioning regarding his product or even advice on weapons maintenance,repairs,products and even shooting techniques.
Thats one thing that seperates George from most all other lubricant manufacturers.He is an actual sportsman,who does actually shoot and use his own products.Call some of the other manufacturers and start talking about spring selection in a 1911 and see what you get.Then try and get some detailed or technical info on the products they sell.Heck some dont even want to provide an MSDS.
Not to mention he manufactures several other products aimed at the automotve and rail industries.Im pretty sure the Weapon Shield holds just a small market share of what he sells.I bet he has not got rich on the FP-10 or Weapon Shield,especially considering the amount of time he spends talking about the subject.I'd almost bet he has given about as much CLP away as he has sold in fact.
If you talk to the man you can tell he is selling a gun oil that he made to do what he wants on his personal weapons.So I see it as Im actually buying a product made specifically for weapons,by a Lubrication Engineer designed for his personal weapons.
Now I dont work for George and Im not trying to stand up for him,or raise praise,as he does not need me to.Im just trying to say that George has actually worked hard to come up with a CLP that meets the requirements that he feels are needed from a gun lube as he see's it.He designs,tests,does the formulation,and in the end goes and tests the CLP on his own Weapons.I know Ive seen him in the field using and nit picking his own products.
What Ive done in the past is get enough of the product to actually test it.A one ounce bottle or sample packet is not enough for me to even start with.
I want my back yard red neck corrosion tests,live fire and long term evaluation over a series of months.I use the products on everything from muzzle loaders to belt feds...pretty much anything I can get my hands on that goes bang.Then run the without PM for as long as my OCD can stand it.
Ive run well over 700 rounds through standard AR's in a matter of a few hours with only a single light application of the Weapon Shield.Ive tortured several pistols in the process as well.To date I have yet to see any of them fail from a lack of lubrication or show excessive wear.In fact most all are still wet with lube and only require a simple wipe down.I have not had a single issue with wear or corrosion,and that includes my CCW.
Yeah any decent weapon should run 100% with even the lightest amount of any type of lube and minimal maintenance.The actual proof is in the long term preservation of the overall mechanical status. If anyone has ever had a pistol suffer from poor lubrication you know what Im talking about.I have my old LEO service weapon,a Italian made Beretta 92FS,that is worn badly from using poor lubricants.Which is one of the reasons I have spent so much money and time searching for the ultimate gun oil.I care not to repeat.
Now one might look at all the online corrosion tests and say one product is better than the other.But you also have to consider most of these tests are from extreme exposure to salt water and extreme high humidity with no context of actual preventative maintenance.
I can tell you one thing for a fact if I do decide to go for a swin in the ocean with my pistol,it will get a flushing with fresh water and soap,then a detail strip.I dont care what oil you use somthing is going to rust in the end if you dont.If you do make a regular practice of spraying your weapons with a salt water solution,I'd recommend seeking help and stopping.
Personally if I can place an old gun barrel outside in my back yard for a week or so,coated in my gun oil of choice and get pretty decent results Im pretty darn happy.Thats a worse case scenario for me,as my weapons maintenance is like a religion.Golden rule that was hammered into my head; "The sun never sets on a dirty weapon."
Anyway the corrosion tests also do not show which of the products is actually or truely balanced.What I mean is sure they show the top preformers in long term protection against salts and acids but what about as a lube and or cleaner.
To me a true CLP has to be able to provide all three functions with adequate results and not just shine at one of them.Thats what I call balanced.
To end my long ramble I will just say the Weapon Shield fits the bill for everything I expect from a gun oil/CLP.In a word its "dependable."
IMHO its the best and most balanced CLP on the market.
I also add that I like the Mil-comm TW25B for a weapons grease.But Ive seen excellent results from using the Lithi Shield mixed with a little Weapon Shield to get the viscosity I want for a gun grease.Sorry George Im a greaser at heart and gota have some every once in awhile.Plus you gave me a sample so its your fault Im using it.Ya know man.
For black powder and corrosive ammo cleaning I still like Ballistol and water.That is until George gets his "Corrosive Ammo Cleaner" back on the market.That stuff rocks.
Again sorry for the long ramble and thanks for reading..Just want to share what Ive found out for myself.

chubbmann
July 15, 2008, 12:43 PM
I am waiting to be sold with my free sample. This product sounds better than the military surplus gun grease that I have been using.

Bill Sander
July 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
It sounds great. Is there any way for us to get a free sample?

50 shooter
July 18, 2008, 04:55 PM
Look back at Georges posts, he added an email to ask for a free supply.

Weapons Shield is great stuff, use it on my pistols and rifles. Made sure to let other try out the sample that I got seeing how I was the one that got the sample thing going back when George first posted about WS.

I'm willing to bet that George has made many lifetime customers by letting hundres of guys try it through the samples given away. Not many companies giving away freebies any more, just goes to show the type of guy George is. Great product from a great guy.:cool:

rnr
July 18, 2008, 08:56 PM
I saw the 'email' post. So I sent mine along and I've got a sample heading my way. I'm looking forward to testing the oil out.

MisterWilson
July 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
Does your product have nano-diamonds?

ssilicon
July 18, 2008, 10:00 PM
I got a sample a few weeks back. I have not had a chance to try it yet since I wanted to wait until I dirty a gun up at the range before cleaning. But when I do try it, I will give my observations as they come.

rnr
July 21, 2008, 03:31 PM
Nice! I got my sample today. Quick service, that alone would make me keep buying the oil.
So I put a bit on my Kershaw Leek just 'cause I had to use it on something! It lubricates, but that's what oil does. Well, I'll test it over the next couple weeks and see.

Jermtheory
July 21, 2008, 07:36 PM
Does your product have nano-diamonds?

:D pico gems.

Blankwaffe
July 22, 2008, 11:15 PM
Oh lord not the dreaded nanolube thing again.Last thread I saw mentioning that stuff got nasty in the end.It is available for purchase on ebay though.
Im sure George as a L.E. will get some entertainment out of the nano diamond lube theory though.

NanoLube
July 23, 2008, 08:28 AM
I did not intend to barge in, and even though we are all friends here - one point needs clarifying.

Lubrication engineers have never seen anything quite like NanoLube TM - outside of Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) coatings which many LE's are not familiar with. Technically, my material provides a mechanically applied DLC coating of nanoparticles on all contact surfaces, of about 1nm or less that has no effect on machined tolerances.

BTW - I met the Shield guys at ShotShow 2008, biggest show I ever “ran” through passing out samples.

Chris Arnold
630-706-1250

Blankwaffe
July 23, 2008, 04:11 PM
Alright Mister Wilson...you did it.

Tempest45
July 23, 2008, 04:37 PM
1nm??? What happens when the 1000 times bigger asperities breaks off from wear with all of your 1nm diamonds attached to it? 1nm??? This is too rich. 1nm is about 10 times the size of an oil molecule.

Wear pads that are formed by ZDDP are 100 times thicker than that and extreme pressure films are measured in microns (micro meters) 1000x larger.

1nm?? DLC without a vapor chamber? Does your product turn the gun black? TOO funny.

And please don't try and tell me that these role along the surface like tiny ball bearings...:barf:

ETA: The DLC coating from Ion bond is about 5000X thicker than what you are saying here.
http://www.ionbond.com/pix/files/coatingDlc2.pdf

And a unit converter for anyone that wants to do the math for themselves:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

ETA: After reading some of your posts, I see a lot of "50-400 strokes to seat the diamonds", "the more you use it the better it works", "nonstick surface". Sounds a LOT like a chlorinated extreme pressure additive. Does your product contain any chlorine, sulphur, phos?

NanoLube
July 23, 2008, 07:46 PM
.1nm for an oil molecule - prove it, and Asperities 1000X larger breaking off??? exactly what are you trying to say?
<1nm??? What happens when the 1000 times bigger asperities breaks off from wear with all of your 1nm diamonds attached to it? 1nm??? This is too rich. 1nm is about 10 times the size of an oil molecule.

I said these are nanodiamonds, not solid films.
<Wear pads that are formed by ZDDP are 100 times thicker than that and extreme pressure films are measured in microns (micro meters) 1000x larger.

You cannot make DLC powder is a CVD chamber, so all the experts have told me. What is the point of acting out like a school boy when it is clear you do not understand what is written?
<1nm?? DLC without a vapor chamber? Does your product turn the gun black? TOO funny.

Like I said, they embed - why are you trying to start an argument over what I did not say?
<And please don't try and tell me that these role along the surface like tiny ball bearings...

DLC coatings are one thing, and so is building up two 6 micron layers of polymer on metal finishes, neither of which I do.
<ETA: The DLC coating from Ion bond is about 5000X thicker than what you are saying here.
http://www.ionbond.com/pix/files/coatingDlc2.pdf

Meaningless when you don't know what you are doing the math on
<And a unit converter for anyone that wants to do the math for themselves:
http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

Like I said, my product has two ingredients, the same two ingredients it always had - synthetic oil and Novel NanoDiamond particles.
<ETA: After reading some of your posts, I see a lot of "50-400 strokes to seat the diamonds", "the more you use it the better it works", "nonstick surface". Sounds a LOT like a chlorinated extreme pressure additive. Does your product contain any chlorine, sulpur, phos?

Sulpur?? NO Polymers, Sulfur, Chlorine, Phosphorous, Lead, Tin, Kryptonite, pixie dust - just nanodiamond and oil.

It was nice chatting with you, but you are rude, arrogant, and make strange accusations that could have been avoided by simply reading. Bye.

Blankwaffe
July 23, 2008, 09:12 PM
Tempest,
I popped a smoke earlier...that LZ is hot bro.

Tempest45
July 24, 2008, 01:32 AM
.1nm for an oil molecule - prove it
I miss spoke, that is ~ approximately the size of an atom. I have seen oil molecules listed as anywhere from 20 to 60 Angstroms. If the latter is true, then your diamonds are 1/6 the size of an oil molecule. And that is supposed to help how?
Asperities 1000X larger breaking off??? exactly what are you trying to say?
What I am trying to say is that your nano-diamonds are too small to do anything. Even if they embed into the surface of the metal, they will do nothing to keep the asperities from contacting or breaking off which are at least 1000 times larger than your diamonds. These will do nothing to bolster the asperity or prevent wear. If they embed, there is no slip as with moly and there is no ablative/slip effect as with anti-wear and extreme pressure additives. There is also no asperity filling as can happen with moly and EP additives. There is no surface improvement so how can there be a reduction in friction?

Embed a million basket ball sized bearings into a 1000ft peak, and collide it with another peak inverted. How are the bearings supposed to help? Interlocked spheres on opposing planes do not slide well.

Further, if someone comes along and uses a lubricant with AW or EP chemistry (which you should), your diamonds will be buried far under the formed films and will do nothing.

The roller bearing theory has been reported in the past. I see now that you no longer make that claim, sorry. But now you do not know the mechanism by which the lubricity is obtained. Kinda' sketchy.

It is like getting a DLC finish for a fifty cents instead of hundreds of dollars.
Direct quote by you: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284835&page=2&highlight=dlc
A layer 1nm of diamond is very different from a proper DLC coating.

Meaningless when you don't know what you are doing the math on

Care to explain and enlighten your potential customers?

that LZ is hot bro
Yep, but when the BS meter is pegged...

NanoLube
July 24, 2008, 02:31 AM
Mr. Arnold,

Just wanted you to know that I posted some info on M4carbine about the Nanolube you sent. It seemed to work pretty good, especially in the shop when I was repairing AK's. Some of the latches which were very stiff to move loosened up rather well and definitely better than the CLP. We also tested it on an AK, M249 SAW and a Bushmaster M4 style carbine. Results were pretty good with no malfunctions. Once I prurchase a larger bottle and get into circulation and check those results I will let you know what happens. Thanks.

v/r,

W. LARSON
ARMORER
FOB OLYMPIA, IRAQ
TRIPLE CANOPY

NanoLube
July 24, 2008, 02:36 AM
Well I guess that this would be a good time to chime in about the Nanolube sample(s) I received. I used it on some AK's that had very stiff latches. I applied a few drops to the problem areas and it worked damn good. As a matter of fact I first tried CLP which didn't seem to help.

Next test was out on the range with an M249 SAW. Lube was applied to the rails and main contact points. Ambient temperature was about 99 degrees and was dusty outside. There were no malfunctions of any kind after approx. 1000 rds being expended.

One of our guys was running through an extended shoot course with his issue Bushmaster. I had him wipe down all other excess lube and then lube the inside with Nanolube. It was applied to the bolt and carrier and along the upper where the charging handle rides. A few hundred rounds were fired during this course and no malfunctions were observed. There was one malfunction that was attributed to the ammo only.

Final test I took an old (pre-1959) milled receiver AK47 that was a little rough. I cleaned it up and lubed it with Nanolube. The gun ran excellent. As a matter of fact it almost seemed to be cycling faster than normal (though I don't believe this is the case) and experienced no problems. I am probably going to buy a larger size bottle and use it more before I give a 100% endorsement.

Tempest45
July 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
There is nothing there showing how the product works, and there are plenty of chemisties that will provide the same results that do not cost $25 an ounce. Proven chemistries that build much thicker layers on the surface and are just as much attached.
I don't know if you are using these chemistries in your oil or not, but it would appear that an electron microscope is required to verify that these nano-diamonds are present in the oil. They certainly should not show up on any standard oil analysis. How very convenient.

Are my technical points wrong? You did not address them.

Yithian
July 30, 2008, 05:49 PM
Just leave it be Nano.
Try not to personalize it.
If he wants to debunk you, let him pay for the elec. microscope tests.
Then he, and you, will have proof.

Until then, I enjoy the sample you gave me.
Thank you.

For those that don't believe, and refuse to try it, thanks for helping to keep the price low.

Have a nice day.

Tempest45
July 30, 2008, 06:08 PM
If belief is all that you require, have at it.

$25 an ounce is a low price???

Yithian
July 30, 2008, 08:35 PM
I got a free sample of Nanolube...

And it worked for me.
My 3.5 Lb trigger became 2 Lbs.
My Saiga's action is too smooth now. It cycles so fast, for the length of the 308Win cartridge brass, that it catches the brass with the bolt face and stove-pipes it, while feeding one fresh one in the breach.

I have the action on video and have verified, the action is working correctly.
It's just too fast for the long casing to get out of the way.

This was not seen until Nanolube was applied.

Sorry you were unable to receive a free sample.

So far, the results are that it does work.
There are those that have polished actions and were hoping it would help even more.
Well, I can understand its lack of results in those cases.
How 'smooth' can a 'smooth action' be made? Apparently, not enough for human fingers to tell the difference.
I have applied it only to firearms that have never seen a gunsmith.
None of mine have been polished or honed. And, to tell the truth, without a scale to measure the trigger, I wouldn't have thought there was any difference either. A 3.5Lb 'snap' of a trigger is just too hard for me to discern compared to a 2Lb 'snap'.

ATTT has many firearms he used it on, and saw fast results on some of them.
His old 45 pistol, with a nappy trigger, was the biggest difference.

Nano never said to not use any other lube.
He just stated that it helps reduce friction, and its symptoms it creates.

Edit...
OOPSIE, I didn't realize that this wasn't originally a Nano thread.
Blame 'Wilson'
...and 'Temp'. LOL
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2968594#post2968594
Now you guys have me wondering whether WS will be a good lube to apply over the Nanolube when its carrier evaporates.

Jermtheory
July 31, 2008, 08:34 PM
i used my free sample(NL) on my 92 and Griptilian...

dont see any difference from WS on the 92 (other than the WS seems to stay put better) and very little difference on the Griptilian.im not sure if the Griptilian had been lubed at all prior to the NL(if it had it was by Benchmade at the factory).

$25 an OZ??!!

does that come with any diamonds i can see?:p

Lavid2002
July 31, 2008, 09:45 PM
Can I have a free sample?

Breakdaddy
August 1, 2008, 09:20 AM
I was skeptical about this product, but instead of ripping into folks who post their anecdotal evidence about the product I just bought a small bottle and tried it out. My honest appraisal of the product is that it is a good product with excellent lubrication functionality but as a cleaner isn't quite up to Hoppes #9. It is, however, better than Breakfree at cleaning and less messy. All three of these products feature prominently in my cleaning kit. Weapon Shield also has been good at protecting my leatherman wave, which I lightly coat with the product once every couple of months or so.

rgates
August 8, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm impressed enough with Weapon Shield I don't care to even try anything else as long as Weapon Shield's price doesn't double. I've not used anything else that could even compare. There are other super lubes out there I've not tried but they are also quite pricey in comparison.
A little goes a long, long way and I've still used approximately 13oz. over about a little over a year. I just called and ordered a 4oz. bottle because I think I'll prefer working with that size bottle. I also prefer the dropper top.
Probably in a couple months I'll order another 16oz. to refill the 4.

ssilicon
August 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
Okay update on my sample of Weaponshiled. So far I like this stuff.

1. Cleaning seems to work as well as the former product I used (Break Free CLP). I do think solvents are superior at cleaning and do use them when there is an extreme tough job or to remove cosmoline or whatever from a new gun. Other than that I find the effectiveness of WS CLP (and BF CLP for that matter) to work well enough for cleaning.

2. Lubricating. I am not a machine and can only go by feel. WS CLP seems to lubricate just as well (maybe even better) than other lubes or CLPs I've used.

3. Protecting. Again, this is hard for me to gauge. I can say I do not have any corrosion after using this product. But, I never had any before either except for one gun that got a bit of slight surface rust in a couple spots while storred for many years in a cloth based gun case. Also, I have only really started to use this stuff.

What I know for sure is that I like that it is touted to be non toxic, and also doesn't have a strong smell. And what smell it does have is not obnoxious. BF CLP I believe is toxic, and although the liquid oil doesn't reek too badly, the aerosol BF CLP is for some reason NASTY! I would never let smell or non toxic features make me choose it over a more effective function, but the fact that it seems to function as well or better, the acceptable odor and non toxicity is a welcome feature for sure!

The only concern I have left to deal with before I place an order for full size bottles is how well it will function well into the sub zero tempeartures. Some of my guns get used when it is 20 below outside and need to work slick then too.

ANyone have any experience with sub zero temps with WS CLP?

rgates
August 9, 2008, 06:56 PM
Not sub-zero I'm afraid but I do know it still functions very well at 15 all day. Just as well as at 80.

ssilicon
August 9, 2008, 08:15 PM
Not sub-zero I'm afraid but I do know it still functions very well at 15 all day. Just as well as at 80.

Thanks rgates. Did you mean you are afraid it doesn't work so good at sub zero temps (but does at around 15 and above), or did you mean you're afraid you have no specific knowledge of its function at sub zero temps but do know it works at 15 and above? I presume you meant the latter but I just want to be sure.

Anyone else? How about George the engineer? How does this stuff work in the COLD?

workinwifdakids
August 9, 2008, 09:43 PM
1) If Militec-1 does not resist corrosion, what do you use after you treat the weapon with it?

2) Does Weapon Shield work as well as Militec-1?

rgates
August 10, 2008, 10:36 AM
I meant I have no knowledge of sub zero performance but I do know from my experiences it works as well at 15 as it does in hot temps. Based on what I've seen, I have to believe it would work well at 20 below. I'm just old enough that I won't be out there to find out.LOL
I'm impressed enough with it at everything above 15 that if I were to regularly hunt or whatever in subzero temps it would be worth at least the price of a 4oz. bottle to try it.
The 15 degree day was with several friends out for a day of shooting and we had that one day to shoot before one was leaving for Iraq. So it was all day at 15 degrees with a 20 mph wind or nothing. There were NO issues and everything functioned flawlessly. 10/22's, M-4, several pistols, an AK and several bolt actions, but I always felt the real test was with the semi-autos.
As far as corrosion protection, it's also the best I've seen.
As far as cleaning, my guns have never been as easy to clean.
Lube, triggers and actions feel lighter and smoother.

rgates
August 10, 2008, 10:58 AM
And before anyone asks....No, I don't sell Weapon Shield. I tell everyone about it for purely selfish reasons. I want their business to thrive so I can always get it.

George, Don't you dare ever stop making this stuff. If you do, I'll show up on your doorstep looking for a 55 gal drum. :D

gcfennell
January 20, 2009, 10:41 AM
I think we'll contine to make it for a good while, if all it ever yields for me is the satisfation of saving lives on and off the battlefields and streets.

Sorry Guys...
After all that crap with my OA-Fibro-Myalgia and MS, I got nailed Christmas Eve with Congestive Heart Failure.
I have 20% good muscle left, not a candidate for bypass, but am managing pretty well, given the fact that I really hate lemonade but become rapidly accustom to whatever it is I need to do in order to stay in the ballgame a bit longer.
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes guys...you have no idea how much they were and are appreciated.
Gonna get back in the saddle again and giver 'er another go.

My best regards and wishes for you all in 2009

George

silvrjeepr
January 22, 2009, 01:03 AM
Sorry to hear about your condition George. Just keep kicking guy. I think Ssilicon's no bs review sold me. I'll be looking you guys up as I become in need this summer.

Nanolube guy:
Why in the world would I buy a lube that contains an abrasive? Without a third party three ball wear test, I'm not getting near this...

whole diamond - excellent glass cutter and makes great scribes
crushed diamonds - seen most often on cutting blades
nano diamonds - LUBRICANT???

eddyb74
January 22, 2009, 04:57 AM
I'm in Mt. Lebanon, where can I get a tube?

rgates
January 26, 2009, 08:37 PM
George,

Hope you're feeling better. Hang in there.

Prayers and best wishes.

vytoland
January 26, 2009, 09:31 PM
Weapon Shield is the only product i use to clean my hand guns.

i have tried other products in the past, but weapon shield is superior in cleaning and protecting my guns

gcfennell
January 27, 2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks so much guys..l.will do and am doing so :)

Ssilicon,

As per your question:
"Anyone else? How about George the engineer? How does this stuff work in the COLD?"

Down to minus 74 deg F sir...no problem at all.

Best regards,
George

rgates
January 29, 2009, 06:56 PM
I aint trying it out in Alaska....but I am looking forward to late Feb, maybe march and start on my new 16oz. bottle.

gcfennell
February 3, 2009, 12:30 AM
Another correspondance from our guys and gals in Iraq and Afganistan.
Best regards,
George

From: Adrian Rosslee [mailto:adrian@tacticaldefense.co.za]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 11:41 AM
To: 'George C. Fennell, L.E.'
Subject: Weapon Shield Samples

Hi George

Many thanks for the samples of Weapon Shield that you sent to me.

I tested your product on various firearms while I was home on R&R and was really impressed. They all felt smoother after applying Weapon Shield, even an old Norinco 1911 that is not known for being a smooth pistol!

I’ve now returned to Iraq and over the last month have used your product on Glock and Browning pistols, AK47s and PKM light machine guns. All the firearms felt a lot smoother after applying Weapon Shield. I also found that Weapon Shield does not get gummy due to the heat generated by firing or from the cold weather. I also noticed that Weapon Shield does not evaporate and disappear like other products that we have been using in the sandpit.

I have given a couple of samples to other experienced shooters, instructors/operators in Iraq and they have all given me very positive feedback. Good feedback for a new product in an old and competitive industry is not always easy to come by!
It says a lot for Weapon Shield that these experienced shooters have asked me for more of your product!

Having spent 30 years in the firearms training industry and working on various high risk units I have used many, many products that proclaimed to be the shooters salvation! Weapon Shield has impressed me and I will definitely be placing an order when I get out of the sandpit and back to my shooting school on a fulltime basis.

Once again, thank you for the samples! I will definitely be recommending Weapon Shield to my friends, colleagues and students.

Regards

Adrian Rosslee
Tactical Defence Institute
(SA) +27 (0)84 606 3647
(Iraq)+964 (0)79 0258 7857
adrianrosslee@yahoo.com / adrian@tacticaldefense.co.za

gcfennell
February 15, 2009, 06:15 PM
Eddy, I'm so sorry I didnt see that 1 liner post for some reason.

Well, Mt. Lebanon is just over the hill from us. You could always stop in the shop here and pick one up any weekday between 9am and 7pm. The guys go home at 5 but Mark or I am around for awhile longer.

If West Mifflin isn't too far, Anthonys Arms have it as well as Ace Sporting Goods right outsode of Washington, PA.

We're at 3351 Industrial Blvd, Bethel Park, 15102. Easy as.

Best regards,
George

Big Ben
February 15, 2009, 06:22 PM
MPro7 then Weaponshield; can't be beat; this combo flat out works and you guns will show it!

gcfennell
February 25, 2009, 07:22 AM
This just came to us yesterday from Iraq.

-----Original Message-----
From: Beck, Jason L MAJ 887 ESFS [mailto:jason.beck@iraq.centcom.mil] Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 9:45 AM
To: Mark W. Pushnick
Subject: Weapons Shield Evaluation

Mark,
I wanted to send an excerpt from an e-mail I received from our weapons maintainers that have been using your product since it arrived here several weeks ago:

In regards' to the Weapon Shield lubrication, it is an outstanding product. We field tested the product with our troops who are required to clean their assigned heavy weapons daily. The feedback we received was all positive. They said the lubrication provided a thick protective coat and revitalized the metal on the weapons. Unlike other lubricants the Weapon Shield is more durable when used in day-to- day operations involving sand and dust. We also had sister services ranging from Army and Navy personnel try the lubrication. They too had nothing but good things to say. The needle lubricant applicators are perfect for maintenance and small cleaning kits. They allow for precise placement of lubrication in tight places and on smaller parts.

The Lithi-Shield grease is also an amazing product. Thus far we have used it on numerous heavy weapons. It also eased the process of installing 25 safety kits on the M-2 Machine Guns. The grease is also very durable and applies with ease. From the Combat Arms perspective, we believe this product to be very efficient and would recommend it to anyone wanting to use it.

Just wanted to say thank you again, your products are amazing and definitely better than anything we've tried. The Airmen are already asking where they can purchase the Weapons Shield Lube when they get back to the states. Thanks again for your generosity.

Jason Beck

eppler
August 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
I was eager to try it until I saw that it is made by the same people that made FP10. I got a free sample of FP10 and bought four Allen wrenches and grinded them down to bare metal. I cleaned them and left one unprotected and applied break free, corrosion x and FP10 to the other three. I placed them outside and the unprotected and the FP10 had rust on them the next day the other two took several weeks to start rusting. I repeated this several time mixing up wrenches and got the same results. But I will give this a try too.

mp25ds4
August 17, 2009, 03:02 PM
how does weapon shield work against corrosive ammo?

LHB1
August 17, 2009, 03:16 PM
I use FP-10 and Weapon Shield as lubricants, which is IMO their primary purpose. They are outstanding for this job. For rust prevention, I use RustePrufe which has done an excellent job for me on the hot, humid Texas Gulf Coast. I have had no rust on any of my guns since switching over to RustePrufe many years ago.

ElrodCod
August 17, 2009, 07:08 PM
WS is my regular stuff. I use it like the CLP that it is.

ssilicon
August 18, 2009, 10:48 PM
George thanks for the answer. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I went ahead and got a 16oz bottle and a needle oiler. I just fill the 1 oz sample bottle and the needler from ther big bottle.

Love the product. Sorry to hear about your ailments. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Akalvarez
August 19, 2009, 01:21 PM
This is the first I have heard of this product. I use BF CLP now but I am willing to try something new. Do you still offer a sample? If our Soldiers in Iraq and Stan our this happy with it than I want to try it!

GunBugBit
August 20, 2009, 05:35 PM
I use Weapon Shield CLP on my three guns that are quite different from each other, and it has them all running as smoothly as I could ever want. The product is pleasant to work with, too.

seed
August 20, 2009, 06:51 PM
I was eager to try it until I saw that it is made by the same people that made FP10. I got a free sample of FP10 and bought four Allen wrenches and grinded them down to bare metal. I cleaned them and left one unprotected and applied break free, corrosion x and FP10 to the other three. I placed them outside and the unprotected and the FP10 had rust on them the next day the other two took several weeks to start rusting. I repeated this several time mixing up wrenches and got the same results. But I will give this a try too.

You probably used the newer formulation of FP-10, which is no longer owned by Fennell. I have the older formulation of FP-10 and ran corrosion tests with it and many other products years ago (2002 or 3...I forget). Well it was superior to all others, being rivaled admirably by only Eezox and Corrosion X. It blew away the old formulation of Breakfree.

Interestingly, a few years later before I knew that Fennell no longer was a part of FP-10, I came across a post where someone ran a corrosion test with FP-10 (newer formulation) and had the same results as you. I replied with my own experience and neither of us could figure out why we got different results. It wasn't until later still when I ran across an announcement by Fennell that he had parted ways with the Firepower company he helped started, some time before and they had changed the formulation. Fennell had then begun the Weapons Shield line separately. It all made sense after that.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I just am not too sure I should buy any of the new stuff when I stock-piled so much of the old FP-10!...which is awesome, by the way. But if the new Weapons Shield is really that much more superior compared to the original FP-10, then maybe I may have to.

eppler
August 20, 2009, 11:14 PM
I received my free sample today and noticed it is a little more viscous than break free and that’s a plus. Seems to clean as good as break free but really don’t have anything to clean right now. I will take it to work tomorrow and do some corrosion testing. I would have to say as of right now it seems worth switching to.

gcfennell
August 29, 2009, 10:10 AM
Hey guys!
Thank you all very much for the kind words on the "Weapon Shield". Just to clarify a point that "SEED" responded to in my stead (thank you, sir :D )...FP-10 was my invention, indeed and was an outstanding product when I was with my old company that I started, MPC, prior to 2004, but since then have had nothing to do with them, FP-10, or Shooters Choice FP-10 (which was an extended marketing effort at the time).
Over the last 4 years, I have intermittently bought several bottles of FP-10 to test/analyze due to the fact that many people have complained to me about the FP-10 having issues since I left MPC. Some of them involve 1) very light or varying viscosities, 2) inadequate corrosion protection, 3) inadequate wear protection or lubricity, and a few other minor complaints. Included in the batch of FP-10 bottles that I acquired were a few that people sent me from the field along with the complaints. What I found out was what I had expected...a seemingly lack of consistency or "quality control" as the industry would define it.
During the years that I was with MPC, the very company that I and my father founded, I ran strict oversight and control over every batch/lot of FP-10, as well as ALL of my products that were manufactured there, providing strict FTIR (Fourier Transmission Infra Red) analysis for each and every one. Nothing got out to the marketplace unless it met the rigid quality standards that I defined and of which most of you who have used FP-10, are used to. However, these products that I tested were all over the place when it came to consistency and continuity.
There are several things you get when you use Weapon Shield in place of FP-10; 1) my strict consistency, continuity, and quality control, 2) a markedly improved product in all three categories of lubrication, corrosion protection, and solvent-free cleaning, and 3) peace of mind, knowing that if you have a complaint or problem, it will be handled personally by me or a VERY competent member of our team who will bend over backwards to make our service and your experience with us just like my product...#1 in the world. This I promise you and guarantee. In all the years running, I think I have established this reputation with the industry and you folks, especially. For that, and your continued support, I thank you all from the heart. You guys (and gals) all rock!
Best regards as always,
George

Tempest45
August 30, 2009, 10:31 PM
George, glad to see that you are doing well and posting on the forums. I've been using your product since it came out and couldn't be happier.

I see that you have a new Weapon Shield grease. Is this an NGLI #1 (or so) lithium grease made from the WS formulation?

Thanks.

rgates
September 6, 2009, 09:51 AM
Good to see you George. Glad to hear business is good but it's no surprise.

I've used Weapon Shield exclusively since that first sample offering and all of my firearms never ran so smooth and trouble free. The corrosion protection is absulutely amazing. The friends I've given some agree there's nothing better and are now converts.
I'll soon be ordering another 16oz. and 4 oz. I prefer using it from the 4oz. bottle and using the larger one to refill from. Great product.
Keep up the good work.

langenc
September 6, 2009, 04:54 PM
I onlyread the first page of postings.

Can someone tell me about the ENGINESHIELD.. Do you dump 8 oz in the crankcase w/ the next oil change??

Xanatos
September 7, 2009, 07:23 AM
Has anyone here used Gunzilla? Currently that's the CLP I use and it's got the same hype as WS only on another forum. I'm wondering if someone's used both so I can get a clue of which CLP is better. In the end I'll do my own testing, but if there's overwhelming proof that WS is better than I won't have to bother with the free sample and just order a 16oz bottle.

ZeSpectre
September 7, 2009, 08:31 AM
Has anyone here used Gunzilla? Currently that's the CLP I use and it's got the same hype as WS only on another forum. I'm wondering if someone's used both so I can get a clue of which CLP is better. In the end I'll do my own testing, but if there's overwhelming proof that WS is better than I won't have to bother with the free sample and just order a 16oz bottle.

Hey, that's probably MY hype you are talking about! :D

I use both Weapon Sheld and Gunzilla and have for a few years now.

Mostly I use Weapon Shield because it rocks for lube and protect and it pretty decent at the clean part.

But for some applications I've found that Gunzilla can be pretty amazing, especially for cleaning smoothbore barrels.

The other trick I've found is that Gunzilla seems to do something about removing surface patina rust. I have a seriously rust-promoting body chemistry so when surface patina rust shows up I wipe guns and tools down with Gunzilla until the patches aren't "rusty" any more and then coat with WeaponShield for protection and I can go for a long time before any corrosion starts to show up again.

Xanatos
September 8, 2009, 10:25 PM
Would you recommend I try WS even though Gunzilla has worked perfectly well for me in the past?

ZeSpectre
September 9, 2009, 12:18 PM
Would you recommend I try WS even though Gunzilla has worked perfectly well for me in the past?

Well, although I like learning about new stuff, I'm also a fan of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

So if you are happy with Gunzilla then you'll probably be fine just sticking with it. I am, however, of the opinion that Weaponshield is superior enough as a lubricant that I do use it alongside Gunzilla.

In short my cleaning tools consist of

Foaming bore cleaner (for copper fouling if needed).
Gunzilla for general cleanup and powder fouling.
Weaponshield for lube and corrosion protection.

A handy tip.
Buy a bunch of empty Needle Oilers from Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1200/Product/NEEDLE_OILER_BOTTLES), label them, and use them to dispense Gunzilla and Weaponshield. You'll get lube precisely where you want it and cut waste spills to nothing.

User4610
January 17, 2010, 02:57 AM
I wonder if it's okay to resurrect this thread...I guess I'll find out.

At some point, didn't FP-10 contain Teflon?

Does or doesn't Weaponshield use nano-technology?

Has anyone tried Crusader Weaponry's Slip Stream?
I believe Slip Stream contains nano-particles. I've tried it and immediately noticed that things more "slippy" than before. I do know that the nano-particles or whatever settle and the bottle has to be shaken in order to disperse them into the oil. I would think it would be better if they stay suspended in the oil, but I don't know if it makes a difference.

I was also wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences with any of these oils?

Thanks,
paul

gcfennell
August 17, 2010, 03:06 PM
No sir, FP-10 nor Weapon Shield NEVER contained Teflon/PTFE.

NO as well on the Nano-technology. That's all overplayed IMHO. Jamming diamonds in the metal surfaces....sheesh. And for our next trick...

G

jogonmd95
October 5, 2010, 08:02 AM
I've been using WS for arnd 2-3yrs on my 1911s and it is very humid here in the PHILIPPINES. So far no signs of rust on my babies.As a lube,the action on my pistols has been smooooth. Great cleaner as well,makes cleaning less of a chore.I also use WS on my AR and SG with similar results. Thanks GEORGE for an EXCELLENT product,i always endorse WS to my fellow shooters here in PI.:D:D:D
BEST,
Jogon