PDA

View Full Version : Good Buy

roy reali
June 4, 2008, 07:33 AM
Yesterday I was in one of Nevada's major cities. As I was cruising down one of the major streets a sign caught my eyes, this sign had my favorite letters on it, GUNS. This sign led to a small, hole in the wall gun shop. Guns are guns and there is nothing that gets me more curious then them.

Actually it was a decent shop. The guys in there were nice and the gun selection and prices were pretty good too. I also looked around the shelves of assorted ammo and shooting supplies. In the ammo area I spotted boxes of 28 gauge shells. I picked one up. It was a box of Estate target load. I was surprised that his little gun shop would have these shells in it, the price was an even bigger surprise. It was marked $6.50. I even double checked the price tag to make sure I read it correctly.

There were four of these boxes and I purchased all of them. I even asked them if they had more in the back, they didn't.

I think I will eventually have to start reloadiing for this shotgun.

Doyle
June 4, 2008, 11:57 AM
There is a Las Vegas pawn shop that sells its guns on Gunbroker.com. They always have excellent prices. If I lived in Vegas, I would definately be buying his guns and taking delivery there to save shipping/ffl fees.

BigJimP
June 4, 2008, 01:59 PM
You got a good price / my club sells estate and rio 28 ga for about $ 7.40 a box ( a little less in case lots ). In general, you won't find the Estate a very durable hull for reloading - especially compared to the Remington STS or Win AA's. But the estate and Rio's in 28ga or .410 work pretty well for "throw away" hulls.

You do need to really consider adding a press for 28ga or .410 - my current cost to reload them are between $ 3 - $ 3.25 a box even at the current price of shot at around $ 40 a bag. Shooting the sub-gagues is fun.

Tuckahoe
June 4, 2008, 02:23 PM
A local Kmart had 35 Remington on sale for $5 a box then an additional 25% off that price. I should have bought all of em.