PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunter

Yeti 47
May 30, 2008, 05:59 PM
Well, since I didn't get much feed back on the spartan 220 I was wondering if any of you had some experience with a Bounty Hunter. The only real difference I can see is that the Bounty Hunter has exposed hammers. I could get the spartan with hammers, but it would cost about $150 more. Which one do you think would be better? Any info will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

MAX100
May 30, 2008, 06:25 PM
The Spartan shotguns are well made but the action is very stiff and heavy out of the box. The safety engages each time you break it open to load or unload. It is easy to disable it. The cocking plunger springs are very heavy making the action hard to open. They are very hard to do action work on unless you have the right tools and are very experienced with them. Some Gunsmith will tell you they can work on them to smooth them out but they end up screwing them up. There are some very good Cowboy Action smiths that know what they are doing and do a fine job on them. I wouldn't have one unless it had a good action job done on it. Some of them have very nice wood grain stocks. If you want to know more about these shotguns go to some of the Cowboy Action Forums.

I would go with a Stoeger and a TTN 1878 coach gun if you want hammers.

GC

mikenbarb
May 30, 2008, 07:20 PM
I have the Bounty Hunter II and its the biggest piece of junk I have owned. It needs more work to smooth it out than what its worth.:barf:
I havnt seen a good one yet and they all need work done that the factory knows about but does nothing to fix the problem.