PDA

View Full Version : Is this a gimmick or is this real innovation from a shotgun company?

Super-Dave
May 29, 2008, 07:53 AM
This is the new cobra pump shotgun. I was wondering if this is a real improvement on pump shotgun designs, or just some cheezy gimick.

http://www.tristarsportingarms.com/product_cobra.html

deanadell
May 29, 2008, 08:05 AM
after reading it, my vote would be "cheesy gimmick"

Slopemeno
May 29, 2008, 08:50 AM
Most people who have an issue with a pump shotgun "short-stroke". That is: they dont pull the pump handle to the extreme rear of it's throw. So a spring helps that how?

Juhosaphat
May 29, 2008, 09:29 AM
And why would you want to let go of the fore end while shooting anyway? lol If anything, they need a spring assist for the backward motion, not forward :p

10-96
May 29, 2008, 11:00 AM
+1 on above post.

But wait, if it had a spring to help it go forward AND backwards... Well, uh... Oh cool, they could create a semi-automatic action shotgun! How cool would that be? I mean... Wait a minute. John M. Browning already took care of that with a little help from a gas system, didn't he?

Never mind.

SDC
May 29, 2008, 11:05 AM
I'd put it in the same category as Winchester's "speed pump", where the bolt will unlock and sometimes move far enough to the rear to eject the empty if you're not holding the action closed; since I don't take my hand off the forearm when firing anyway, I don't see how it makes a difference one way or the other.

Jeff Mulliken
May 29, 2008, 01:13 PM
10-96,

The John Browning long recoil shotgun design was all spring and no gas.

Jeff

PT111
May 29, 2008, 01:18 PM
I would put it in the category of solutions in search of problems.

Juhosaphat
May 29, 2008, 01:35 PM
I could see it useful for an amputee with one arm maybe. But that'd be about it.

Tatsumi67
May 29, 2008, 03:53 PM
Gimmick. What kind of pansy needs a spring assissted pump shotgun?