PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Ruger M77 30-06 not sure if it's a Mark II or Hawkeye

whiteknight81
May 9, 2008, 03:08 AM
I recently purchased a Ruger M77 30-06 and dont know how to distinguish between the mark II and the Hawkeye. When it was purchased it was described as a Mark II but when reading the descriptions for the Hawkeye it says the hawkeye has a red recoil padwhich is on my 30-06. Any input would be welcome.

Darren007
May 9, 2008, 04:43 AM
The new Hawkeye rifles will have a red recoil pad, matte black finish on the barrel, and a rounded fore end on the stock.

The MKII had a black recoil pad, polished blued finish on the barrel and reciever, and had a much "squarer" stock shape.

TheShootist1894
May 9, 2008, 07:14 AM
The Mark II will be marked as such on the drivers side of the reciever, perhaps you have an older tang saftey model with a red pad, obviously these are not marked Mark I or II just M77, and of course they have the tang saftey. One picture of the reciver and we could get this sorted out lickity split

Omaha-BeenGlockin
May 9, 2008, 07:29 AM
New Hawkeye's say "Hawkeye" on the side of the receiver.

ryalred
May 9, 2008, 11:27 AM
My older Ruger M77 does not have Mark I or II on it but it does have a red recoil pad. By the way, it shoots great!

whiteknight81
May 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
Thank You guys for the info I pretty much got it narrowed down as an old Ruger M77. It just says Ruger M77 on the action and like I said it has the red recoil pad.