PDA

View Full Version : MN 91/30 7" barrel SBR video

PTK
April 12, 2008, 11:06 PM
Note that this is legally registered per the 1934 NFA.

This is my SBR'd MN 91/30 with a 7" barrel. I finally got to take some video today of a friend shooting it and I thought I'd share. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFsUvh078I

lon371
April 13, 2008, 05:14 AM
Dont care what you do to your rifles, BUT I must ask why?

I am on dial up, so I will have to wait to see the video.:(

PTK
April 13, 2008, 12:24 PM
Dont care what you do to your rifles, BUT I must ask why?

I wanted a copy of what has been recovered from Jewish resistance fighters in WWII and what certain Russians had used earlier than that. $70 rifle (non matching numbers, beat up already) and $200 tax stamp. To me, a fun toy. :D

Also, the video is only 11 seconds long, it doesn't take long to download even on dial-up.

nvhunter2
April 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
$70 made fun good job

RedneckFur
April 13, 2008, 01:27 PM
From what I've heard, russian peasants made very similar SBR's for themselves in the early 1900's.

predator86
April 15, 2008, 02:30 AM
haha thats cool!!!

i can just hear the purists wringing their panties......cool video too man:D

AmesJainchill
April 15, 2008, 02:31 PM
I think you cut off too much of the pistol grip there.

I thought about doing the same thing.

Hedley
April 15, 2008, 03:00 PM
That doesn't look as painful as I imagined. I'm unfamiliar with the NFA rules, but could you drop that barreled receiver in another unmodified stock without any additional paperwork?

PTK
April 15, 2008, 06:47 PM
AmesJainchill

I made it how I wanted it. :)

Hedley

As it's registered as a short barreled rifle, I could put a full stock on it, yes.

Crosshair
April 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
That doesn't look as painful as I imagined. I'm unfamiliar with the NFA rules, but could you drop that barreled receiver in another unmodified stock without any additional paperwork?
As an SBR, yes he could.

AmesJainchill
April 17, 2008, 01:32 AM
AmesJainchill

I made it how I wanted it.

Awkward, you mean? :D

How heavy is it? Is it hard to fire one-handed?

PTK
April 17, 2008, 01:47 AM
AmesJainchill

I made mine to look much like the few photographed recoveries from WWII that the Jews used against the Nazis. I haven't weighed it, nor have I tried to fire it one handed. The way it is, firing one handed would put both the triggerguard and the cocking knob into your hand. No thanks! :D

If you're ever in Colorado, contact me and you can be the first to fire it one handed.

AmesJainchill
April 17, 2008, 04:46 AM
If I'm ever out that way, I'll take you up on that.

I'll be sure to wear some gloves though. :)

4095fanatic
April 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'd be interested how far out that thing is accuracy wise... does a round even get a full twist down the barrel? Can't remember the rifling specs on a MN...

armoredman
April 17, 2008, 11:05 PM
Actually, what you want is to do some gelatin testing on this thing at short range, see how well the round actually does out of such a short tube.
I saw pictures of the Israeli Mosins, never thought I'd see someone actually do that themselves, thank you. One peice of history into another.