PDA

View Full Version : Baby Browning Knock-off

RolandMk.1
April 5, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hey, long time no post...

I just got a hold of a Bauer Firearms Corp. .25 auto. Its a knock-off of the Baby Browning pocket pistol. Its stainless-steel, imitation pearl grips, and a five round magazine. A nice little gun, but it won't work.

The exact problem is, it doesn't cock when I pull the slide back. Does anybody have experience with these guns? What do you think the problem is?

Thanks for any help!

dogloose
April 5, 2008, 09:56 PM
Are you attempting to dry fire an unloaded gun? I believe the magazine must be inserted for it to cock.

If you've had the gun apart for cleaning, be sure the firing pin/spring assembly is inserted correctly.

The company that currently is manufacturing this type of gun is Precision Small Arms... here is a link to the exploded parts diagram. Perhaps you can compare and discover if you have a missing or broken part.

http://www.precisionsmallarms.com/parts_list.asp

Bill DeShivs
April 6, 2008, 02:45 AM
dogloose is correct.
The magazine must be inserted before the gun will cock.
Magazine should be six shot.

RolandMk.1
April 6, 2008, 09:35 AM
Actually the magazine is inserted when I try to cock it, so thats not the problem. And thanks for the link to the company's page, I thought these guns were out of production.

Bill DeShivs
April 6, 2008, 01:26 PM
Then there is a problem with the striker or sear.

buddycraigg
April 6, 2008, 04:25 PM
spring #19 is a real pain in the rear to get in to place correctly, and would cause your problem

James K
April 6, 2008, 08:25 PM
Breakage of the small lug on the firing pin is sometimes a problem and of course without it the firing pin won't stay cocked.

Jim

Wildalaska
April 6, 2008, 11:00 PM
I have one in my hands that works fine, I just took it apart, let me know if there is something I can look at for you.

It's SWMBOs .25, she has a purple ribbon on it :)

WildinhertreasurescollectionAlaska TM

RolandMk.1
April 7, 2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies, and the gun is fixed now. The problem with it, was the last guy to take it apart didn't put it back right. I haven't fired it yet to try it out, but I'm going to this weekend. :D

Tom2
April 7, 2008, 05:16 PM
I think the one I had worked OK, even with the Hornady HP ammo. I also had a real Baby once too. Both functioned fine as I recall, but the finish and quality of the Browning was better. But the Bauer won't rust. Would like to see a PSA version of it. I never see any of them for sale anywhere.