PDA

View Full Version : *%&# Speedfeed Forend!

workinwifdakids
April 4, 2008, 12:20 AM
Like boating drunk, you should never post mad, but here goes:

I bought a Speedfeed forend (used) for my Remington 870 Express Magnum at the gun show last weekend. I installed the thing, and toward the end of the pump rearwards it ground to a halt. I looked inside the 'hole' of the forend, and there was nothing left to sand off. I mean, there couldn't have been more than 1/16" at the 12:00 wall on that forend. It just wouldn't stop binding like glue at the back end of the 'shuck.'

Well, I'm out $15, because sure as hell that forend isn't going on my gun.
:barf:
Damn it anyway.

hoytinak
April 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
I went through pretty much the same thing with a Hogue forend I bought for my Mossberg 500. It wouldn't even start to fit out of the box. It took me 30 mins with a dremel for it to get fitted and working right.....and it was supossed to be a "drop in" part. :rolleyes:

rem870hunter
April 4, 2008, 04:43 AM
i ran into a similar problem with my speedfeed. the forend was fine with the 28" vt. rib and the 20" fully rifled barrel. but when i put the 20" smoothbore barrel on. it wouldn't pull all the way back. i had to file off a little at a time the rear top of the forend. and if i don't crank the mag. cap. all the way down it will cycle fine. the 20" smoothbore was brand new in box. so i think that was the problem. i have choate on the wingmasters. no cycle problems with them.