View Full Version : Remington 870 Bayonet Mount - New!

March 30, 2008, 07:30 PM
It appears someone has answered the question many of us have been asking: is there a modern incarnation of the 870 bayonet mount?

His answer:

"CNC machined 4140 steel, bead blasted and then parkerised.
The S&J Hardware Bayonet lug attachment will fit on any Remington factory +2 mag extensions.
The Bayonet lug is to mil spec NATO for standard M16, M4 C7, C8 bayonets.

I'm not affiliated with this product, nor its parent or subsidiary companies, in any way, shape, or form.

March 30, 2008, 07:41 PM
Thats the funniest thing I've seen all weekend. The sad thing is, I'll be they sell like hotcakes. :D

March 30, 2008, 07:41 PM
I have dealt with that company in the past. Top notch service and AWESOME quality. I have 2 shotguns wearing their sling plates.

March 30, 2008, 08:29 PM
If it works whats funny about it???

March 30, 2008, 08:34 PM
the bayonet mount looks like the mag.tube clamp that gives a sling attachment. but has the piece on the bottom to lock the bayonet to.
i wonder if the bolt can be replaced with a sling swivel bolt? instead of having 2 clamps. i did see a bayonet mount that was wider, and i think had the sling attachment bolt as well on it. probably not made by the same company though.

that rear sling piece i've seen before. there was one that had a attachment on both sides, on gunbroker.com. didn't buy it i might.

March 30, 2008, 11:57 PM
Why would you need or want a bayonet on your shotgun? Were you in the service, did you receive bayonet training? I was and I did and I don't need, I hope to God, a bayonet on anything I have up to and including my AR. I'm all for everyone getting the gee gaws of their deepest desires but, jeez, what! Why?

March 31, 2008, 09:30 AM
Because....we CAN!

No practical, but cool as hell to pull it out at the range.

Eh, I want their system with the stock adapter and top rail. Look around at their website- way cool.

March 31, 2008, 10:51 AM
Haha...stupid :rolleyes:

If you have a shotgun the chances are you wont need a knife on the end of it...going to stab someone then blast them off the end? Go buy a Strider and have a knife that will last forever like your 870.

The best fighting weapons are the basic ones, IMHO

March 31, 2008, 11:45 AM
Hey, NINE, what kind of sighting system are you using on your 870? I'm looking to upgrade to some better sights...

Go buy a Strider and have a knife that will last forever like your 870.

Or, I could go and buy another 870 insteaed of buying an overpriced Strider

But a bayo is seriously cool and fun...just cause I can...and the mount would still make a nice mag tube clamp.

March 31, 2008, 11:53 AM
The sights I have are from LPA. And they are actually on my Fabarm. :D

March 31, 2008, 12:02 PM
Jeezus that front sight looks like Aku.

March 31, 2008, 01:29 PM
Avenger...or you could buy a strider and not short yourself :) I love my BN, it has got to be the toughest knife in production.

since this is not a knife thread we better not argue about it ;)

March 31, 2008, 03:44 PM
not even close to being new been out for while.

better to have a 590 still.

why a bayonet ? why in hell not? the ban is gone and good riddance.
its nice for rare occasions.