PDA

View Full Version : Spec opts recoil Reducer on a Semiauto??

Aqeous
March 30, 2008, 04:23 PM
Can you put a spec opts recoil reducer on a Benelli M4. Will its gas operated Argo system still be able to function??

john1911
March 30, 2008, 08:36 PM
I'm about 99% sure that you can't. I don't think the action would cycle.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

YukonKid
March 30, 2008, 08:42 PM
I don't think so, I don't think it would cycle. Why would you want to anyhow? Semis really don't have much perceived recoil(compared to pumps)

YK

Aqeous
March 30, 2008, 09:50 PM
I had the opportunity recently to fire a pump action Remington 870 with a spec opts recoil reducer stock. To say it was the sweet is an understatement. I was able to fire it nearly as fast as a semi-auto, only WAY more accurately.

Once I got used to the stock and got the rhythm down, I thought I was shooting and airosoft shotgun or something. It was THAT light. I am very impressed.

I know for certain that most semi-autos would not function with this kind of stock attached to it. But a gas operated ARGO system runs on a different principle so I wasn't sure. Still not really, anything can be tweaked to work if you've got enough time and money to do so. Kind of like getting an AK-47 to cycle subsonic rounds . . . most people think that an AK can't, but it most certainty can.

The Extrema II for instance has a similar "kick-off" system in its butt stock that operates in a similar fashion to the spec opts system, and the Extrema (I believe) has a similar gas operated system to the m4. So it seems to me that it might be possible, I just wanted to know if anyone knew for sure.

Desert01
April 1, 2008, 04:00 PM
Most of the Semi-autos, Benelli, Remington and the Mossberg 930/935 have action return springs in the stock, aka they have junk in the trunk. With the Spec-Ops or Endine stocks they simply will not work as there is no place for the junk in the trunk:p

So the sort answer is no you can't. And while the Agro gas system mith push the bolt to the rear the stop would hurt at least the gun if not you:o. It would not return to battery:eek:

Aqeous
April 2, 2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks . . . good explanation. :)

So why can the Extrema. Its got a shock absorber in its stock.