PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on a vertical foregrip for a Shotgun

Unbreakable
March 29, 2008, 01:01 PM
Ok, So I have a short barreled shotgun. It's a Remington 870 and I installed a surefire pump forearm on it. Not the one with the light but the triple picatinny rail forearm. Anyway I want a light laser combo on the front of it (Already Got that) and a vertical "Broom Handle" style foregrip on it. I've already gone through two... first was a YHM Folding grip.... VERY sturdy but a little too long. Next I'm using a Knights Armament plastic broom handle grip and feel it works well but I'm afraid the polymer just won't stand up to the recoil of the 12ga over the long haul. And that is the idea behind a foregrip on the this shotgun... to help spread the love around and make it easier to control. Does anyone have any recomendations for a sturdy, short, broom handle style vertical foregrip and is rock solid and can take a punch. Solid metal would be welcome. Weight isn't a concern. I just don't want one that is too long nor one that is angled.... it needs to be 90 degrees without finger grooves. Ribs are fine... just no finger grooves forcing your hand to sit in one position.

Thanks in advance for any advice.