PDA

View Full Version : 1887 norinco vs interstate 1893/1897

dalegribble
March 21, 2008, 08:40 PM
I've been interested in a 1897 pump shotgun. I have handled a couple of norinco models and they seem to be ok, pretty smooth overall. Today I visited Big 5 and they had an 1893/1897 interstate in their rack. The trigger was banded back so I didn't get a real good feel of the action but it seemed to be rougher than the norincos I have handled. Does anyone have any experience with either (both) of these shotguns? They are both chinese but I believe different manufacturers.

Superhouse 15
March 21, 2008, 09:32 PM
For a while we had one of the Norinco guns loaded in the shop where I work as our "behind the counter" gun. It worked fine and was much smoother than the Interstate guns we had at the time. If it wasn't good and reliable, we wouldn't have loaded it and we could pretty much pick what we want. We ended up selling it after a couple years loaded and the guy who bought it is a regular and happy with it.

Hawg
March 21, 2008, 10:13 PM
I've got a mid range Norinco 97 and other than the cheap wood it's great. The newer ones have walnut. The early ones had problems. The 93/97 isn't legal for SASS. The 97 is.

dalegribble
March 22, 2008, 12:35 PM
thanks, while I've only handled 1 interstate it seemed rough compaired to the norincos I have handled. Being CAS approved is a plus also.