PDA

View Full Version : Crossdominant

chooy721
March 18, 2008, 08:42 PM
I want a HD shotgun. The express comes in left handle model, but I hear that the quality of a police model is much better. 870P only come in RH versions from what I understand. Does anyone shoot RH shotguns lefthanded?

BigJimP
March 19, 2008, 05:31 PM
It's not recommended to shoot a Rh shotgun left handed - shells are constantly going accross your field of vision.

Go with a Browning pump ( it ejects out of the bottom ) / or find a left handed used model Remington.

Laz
March 19, 2008, 06:03 PM
I'm cross-dominant and unikely to win any medals with my shotgun shooting but I don't find cross-dominance an issue at HD ranges. Actually, it doesn't bother me all that much at all. I'm trying to follow Mr. McCracken's advice. BA/UU/R (Buy Ammo, Use Up, Repeat).

Loaded4yote
March 19, 2008, 06:16 PM
Browning BPS High Capacity

Bottom load, Bottom Eject, 7 shot capacity, 12 gauge 3" chamber.

jlchucker
March 23, 2008, 11:12 AM
I am left-handed, left-eye dominant. I shoot right-handed guns with no problem at all. There's a qualifier, though. Look out for Baikal/Remington Spartan shotguns. These are made with various degrees of cast-off, for right-handed shooters. Some more so than others. To make these work, getting some wood taken off the stock for a proper fit will be required. Fortunately, these guns are not Purdeys, and doing your own rasping is not going to be that financially painful. :rolleyes:

BigJimP
March 24, 2008, 05:45 PM
That's another reason why I suggested the Browning - most Brownings are cast neutral ( not all of them - so you have to mount them and check ...).