PDA

View Full Version : Estate Buckshot

T191032
March 18, 2008, 12:20 PM
Was browsing on Cabela's site and saw they had Estate Buckshot, in 00 and #4 buckshot. Read the reviews on their site and came and found the older posts here about Estate. Has anyone used their buckshot since ATK/Federal began producing it (ie : more recently/last 2 years or so).

Rampant_Colt
March 18, 2008, 02:20 PM
I can only comment on the older low recoil 00 buck that seems to have been discontinued... They used antimony-hardened lead and threw magnificent patters from all my shotguns.

Buy a box to check patterns and see if you like it or not - the older ammo was good stuff

Black_Talon
March 18, 2008, 09:00 PM
The new (since Federal started making it) Estate doesn't perform anywhere near as good as the original stuff. Over at THR SG forums, there's a big thread about this from a few years ago. In it, I posted comparison pics of the patterns, as well as pics of the construction of the shells. The new stuff is physically very different from the old stuff, mostly in the design of the wad.

I'd suggest looking at the Federal low-recoil LE stuff. It performs like Estate used to. The Speer Lawman Low Recoil is the same as the Federal LE (both made by ATK).