PDA

View Full Version : Any Legal Guidlines for How Many Shots For A Pump Action with Pistol Grip?

Aqeous
March 12, 2008, 12:55 PM
I have heard that if its a semi-auto shotgun with a pistol grip you are limited to 5 shots. I am really not sure if this info is out dated (AWB sunset) or if it is just a state thing??

At any rate, if I put a Knoxx spec opts recoil reducing pistol grip on a pump action, will I have a legal limit to how many shots are allowed in my shotty??

Also, does anyone know if a Knoxx Recoil Reducing pistol grip can be fitted to a benelli Super Nova tactical pump action. If anyone can help me out with either of these questions I would very much appreciate it.

hogdogs
March 12, 2008, 01:02 PM
No limit in Florida on pump action and capacity 'cept during migratory/water fowl hunting. i never asked about auto-loaders but doubt we are limited.
Brent

Aqeous
March 12, 2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks . . . anyone on other states??

rem870hunter
March 12, 2008, 01:47 PM
nj restrictions on pistol grips.

if it is an autoloader you can't have a pistol grip on it and its not allowed to hold more than 5. 5 being 4 in the mag and 1 in the chamber.

as far as pumps you can have a pistol grip on it or a pistol gripped shoulder stock, folding stock. supposedly whether it has a regular buttstock or not. it's not allowed to hold more than 7. i was told 7 by a gunshop.

which if that holds true then the dicks sporting goods i was in that had a mossberg 500 or 590 with a 9 shot capacity. could be breaking the law unless it was sold to a police officer. the awb was supposed to only last 10 years. i don't know if anyone in politics realized its up. there was a federal awb signed by clinton and the nj awb signed by jim florio. so which one had the 10 year limit? i don't know. maybe both

DPris
March 12, 2008, 01:48 PM
Nothing here in Utah.
Denis

rhgunguy
March 12, 2008, 04:02 PM
How about you tell us what state you hail from and then we can answer your question.

curmudgeon1
March 12, 2008, 10:54 PM
I think the Knoxx pistol grip can only be fitted to the Mossberg 500A and the Remington 850.

Aqeous
March 13, 2008, 10:31 AM
Florida . . . soon maybe NC

YukonKid
March 13, 2008, 10:45 AM
None in Oregon. I have 7+1 sitting in mine :)

YK

Creature
March 13, 2008, 12:23 PM
No restriction in VA.