PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance Mossberg 500

propbuildervash
March 2, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to the forums.

I just picked up a used mossberg 500 for a song and a dance.....well a song thats is.

There is only one problem I am having and ill start with this.

The previous owner didnt take care of this gun, he tried to monkey around with the trigger assembly and as you guessed it came to me in a bag of parts.

i have counted the parts against the diagram on the web and everything is there, I have put it back together but realized i have the sear spring in wrong. now for the life of me before i reassemble this thing again can someone take a picture of their sear spring so I can get this assembled so i can go test it out?

thanks everyone!

Jeff

propbuildervash
March 2, 2008, 05:42 PM
ha ha managed to solve this puzzle myself.

the sear spring goes in so the ling side is pointed up and down if you were holding the assembled usnit as you would if you were shooting it with the hook shape on the right side and behind the sear pulling the sear towards the trigger.

there you go in case anyone ever dares to take your own apart. ps daunting task took 5 hours to reconstruct it without a decent diagram.

jeff

EEL92fs
March 2, 2008, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the Forum

Slopemeno
March 2, 2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, those are fun. Hence the "spray in solvent, blast out with compressed air, and lube" technique.

foghornl
March 3, 2008, 08:56 AM
I don't take apart trigger groups for that exact reason...I don't have 8 hands to put one back together... :D :D

I have pulled out the trigger group and done the 'solvent soak, blow dry & {LIGHTLY} re-lube', but that is as far as I will go.