PDA

View Full Version : Budsgunshop.com

robin48
February 29, 2008, 04:42 PM
Has anyone dealt with these guys? If so how were they? Thanks

jwxspoon
February 29, 2008, 04:46 PM
A lot of folks have used them. I have tried to deal with them twice; once I emailed and got no response, the second time was on the phone and they were very brusque, almost rude. I ended up just buying locally.

I still check their prices when I need a benchmark, though.

jw

jrfoxx
February 29, 2008, 05:11 PM
I ordered my Busmaster from them.Did everything online in 5 minutes, wit no calls or emails needed for me.Gun was shipped within a week, just like they said, and arrived fine.It was a no muss, no fuss transacion. I'd glady oreder from them again

hoytinak
February 29, 2008, 05:14 PM
I've bought 4 firearms from them without any problems. Got each one within a week of ordering it.

VinnyT
February 29, 2008, 05:19 PM
I've bought 12 thru them. Every transaction perfect.

;)

Kreyzhorse
February 29, 2008, 07:29 PM
I just realised that Bud's is about 50 miles or so from where I live.... I smell a ROAD TRIP (when I'm out of the doghouse due to my last gun purchase that is!)

Next up...... mouse gun!

Jacobie
February 29, 2008, 08:32 PM
I have never ordered anything online from them, but it is only like an hour away from me. I go up there about once a month to make a few purchases, and they have always been great to deal with.

Tomac
March 1, 2008, 08:20 AM
I just received my first purchase from them, a case of 5.7x28 ammo, and had no problems at all.
Tomac

jpr9954
March 1, 2008, 09:38 AM
I bought an EoTech 512 from them. I did the whole transaction through email and everything went just fine.

John

Diesel1
March 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
I bought 2 S&W M&P's from them and everything went fine.

senior
March 1, 2008, 06:29 PM
bought 2 .38s from them, each was just a little over a week counting time for my M.O. to get there and receiving my guns, good prices from what i understand and very nice folks to deal with

krimmie
March 1, 2008, 09:01 PM
Two separate transactions, both without a hitch.

Rebailey
March 1, 2008, 10:55 PM
I've bought five guns from them the last two years and all sales were fine.

MrAnteater
March 2, 2008, 02:04 PM
The salesman on the phone at Bud's was very friendly.

I ordered 3 guns and they shipped out right away.

My experience was very good.

Michael Ragsdale
March 22, 2008, 09:54 AM
In the last year or so I have bought five different firearms from them, all online, and all without a hitch, and will gladly deal with them again and again.

ssilicon
March 22, 2008, 11:22 AM
So they have the guns they are selling, or do they take your order then order it from their supplier?

Michael Ragsdale
March 22, 2008, 07:23 PM
When you click on a specific item, it will tell you whether it is in stock or not; some items are out of stock or special order (but the majority are in stock, as they have a physical storefront ... they're not just mail order).

You can sign up to be notified when an out of stock item is available.

Of all the guns I've bought (at least seven in the last 2 years), they were all in stock and at my FFL within a week.

Largestal
March 26, 2008, 03:44 PM
Great bunch of folks. Shot there Monday night and also picked up a new gun while I was there. Good prices and knowledgable.

Just waiting on Uncle George to send me my $600 so I can stimulate the economy with accessories, ammo and maybe a Buckmark.

birdzman
March 28, 2008, 08:52 PM
I have made 1 gun purchase, and 2 purchases of supplies, no problems arrived on time as ordered. John

hoytinak
March 28, 2008, 08:55 PM
Just ordered my 5th firearm from them yesterday (another Glock 19). Everyone has been a smooth transaction.

Battle_sight_zero
March 28, 2008, 10:30 PM
I have used them to buy several guns. I even used there no interest credit two times which I would payoff before any interest was owed. Customer service is hit and miss. Brandon when he answered was the best of the bunch since he seem like he enjoyed helping people. However the lack of returned e-mails and calls sent me to another dealer. I now use mil-spec- tactical( info@milspectactical.com )based in Viginia for the same type or better deals. Tim Barber runs the business and goes the extra miles for his customers. I have got a Mark 12, Beowulf and several Armalites from this dealer with no hassles and at the same price or better than Buds. Mil Tech even has the same credit plan as Buds. I like it when a business appreciates the fact that you are spending your hard earned bucks at thier store. Sadly most of the local dealers in the Denver metro dont even care or even compete well with the online market. If you drop a grand or two on a firearm you would hope that business you are dealing with would care and try to be competive.

Homeseller
April 6, 2008, 03:26 PM
Great reputation in Kentucky-I purchased a shotgun from them 3 years ago from one of the online auction sites. The only hangup was they didn't have it in stock-took a week for them to get it in. They are only 1 hour away from my home in Northern Kentucky, so I just drove down and picked it up. Very cordial employees!
:)

ssilicon
April 6, 2008, 11:12 PM
Great reputation in Kentucky-I purchased a shotgun from them 3 years ago from one of the online auction sites. The only hangup was they didn't have it in stock-took a week for them to get it in.

How is it you can post an auction for something you don't even have? Unless things have changed, the auction sites I know about specifically require that you actually possess and can provide the thing being auctioned.

For example, don't auction 10 if you only have 5.

HOGGHEAD
April 7, 2008, 01:59 AM
I tried to buy a Tikka Pro Varminter off of them a couple of weeks ago. My question to them was what was the twist rate. The Pro Varminter is available with two different twist rates. They told me they did not know what the twist was and that I had to contact the mfr. How would the mfr. know what twist they had?? I spent a couple of day's trying to figure out the twist rate on the one they had. A friend from a different site went to their shop and looked at the rifle(which was what I asked them to do!!), and it was the twist I wanted. I decided to buy the rifle from them, they did have a great price. I called back four times the next day and got caught up in a phone answering machine loop. They never did answer. I bought else where. May be it was just bad luck. Tom.

UniversalFrost
April 7, 2008, 01:23 PM
Did a purchase of 2 guns from them in February.

Weatherby Sub-MOA was cheaper than my dealers distributor can get. Even with the FFL transfer fees and expedited shipping (will mention this later) I came out cheaper than my FFL could have gotten at his cost.

Taurus 605 arrived on time and as described. Price was good, but only little better than locally.

Now, I don't think I will make my next purchase with them because of the slow (if ever) replies to my calls or emails. Also, they listed the Weatherby in stock, but it took almost 2 weeks before they even listed it as being in the stage of shipping. I ended up paying $30 extra to ship two day so I could get the gun before I left for my TDY. I spoke with the guys on the phone and all were helpful,but only one admitted the gun had been out of stock when I ordered.

Their prices are good, but only a few are really super, and with the promise of fast shipping and then sitting on the order for 2 weeks made me second think going back to them.

JOE

mariog
April 10, 2008, 06:36 PM
Bought a Sig P239 a year ago from Buds. It was a close out new for $520. Great price. Already owned a P220 that was a solid gun.
Got the P239, and was surprised that the slide was loose, and rattled .While it did not affect accuracy, it bothered me. I went to a Sig shoot in Exeter, and the Sig engineer said it was within spec. I still was not happy, and Buds paid return shipping and returned all my money. They were shocked that they could hear it rattle over the phone.
I always check Bud's prices prior to making a purchase. With the no interest loans, I would buy from them if I bought new again.

furyfour
April 15, 2008, 10:44 PM
I have to say im disappointed.

I bought 2 guns from them for about $1400.

One was supposed to come with a rebate for 200rds of ammo. I asked Brandon specifically on the phone if the info for that would be in the case with the gun or where I could get it. Well he said it would be with the gun. Well it wasn't.

I emailed them and got no response.

Second attempt got a very rude response about how other companies rebates are not their responsibility.

They get an A for having decent prices.

but and F- for knowing how to treat a customer.