PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry Course in Ohio

maxkimber
February 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
I am ready to take a concealed weapons permit course, anyone have any recommendation for a course in the Cleveland/Medina, Ohio area? My application will go via Medina County.

Thanks...

BLUEZ4U
February 24, 2008, 01:24 AM
Commence Firearms Training Academy is Cleveland is one excellent suggestion.

JustSteve
February 24, 2008, 01:34 AM
You can look up Roger Polk in Wadsworth.Sorry I don't have a number

skeeter1
February 24, 2008, 02:20 AM
You might want to check here

http://www.stonewallrange.com/

Broadview Hts., close to Rt. 82 and I-77. Not too far from Medina. That's where I shoot regularly, and they have CCW classes.

maxkimber
February 24, 2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks... I actually enrolled in a course in Wadsworth with Roger Polk, I called the Sheriff, and they gave me Mr. Polk's name...

Regards...

FORMER95BRAVO
February 24, 2008, 10:30 AM
Commencefirearms was a great program. Take a friend get a discount on an already great price. Went through Medina for my permit, 8 business days, you have to pick it up in person. Good luck!

fairview mick
February 24, 2008, 10:37 AM
Rated one of the best is The CCW course at B&T shooting range on RTE 57 in Lorain, Ohio. Open 7 days a week and their course is usually the second or third week of each month. It's a two day course, with class room and video on Saturday. More class room and then shooting on Sunday. Call there and talke to Dave, Doyle or Mike(the owner). Plus they shoot league and really have a lot of fun there.
Their phone number is 440-277-5252.
They also have one of the best Armorers in the business at their Middleburg Heights store. That number is 440-234-2425.

ragwd
February 24, 2008, 08:32 PM
Commence Fire, http://www.commencefire.com/, Has a very good ccw class, that can be done in 1 day. They also have a excellent advanced pistol class, I took both last year and will take the advanced pistol again this year.

maxkimber
May 26, 2008, 09:53 PM
Well, I completed the Wadsworth (Roger Polk) CCW course - I must say it was two thumbs up!! Especially for $39:p:D:D:p

Next step is to apply - but I hear most Sheriff's have a backlog due to the first wave of CCW permit holders filing for the renewal, so it may take a little while.

exprt9
May 27, 2008, 11:36 PM
Congratulations! Hope they don't take too long in getting your CHL ready!

straightshooter68
June 3, 2008, 02:40 PM
Our firm.

Walton & Associates Inc. - Firearms Training Division

You can review our information here:

www.carryingsafe.com

Without getting too commercial - the course costs $75.00 and includes all materials, range fees, ammunition, use of our firearms, hearing and eye protection. We limit class size to 48 students. We limit our range night to 24 shooters per night. We do this in order that there is plenty of time for Q&A and personalized instruction.

Mark Walton
330-334-0509

skeeter1
June 3, 2008, 11:19 PM
Well, I completed the Wadsworth (Roger Polk) CCW course - I must say it was two thumbs up!! Especially for $39

Good heavens, you got one heck of a bargain there. The same class at Stonewall is $175!

maxkimber
June 4, 2008, 07:38 AM
Folks, I am the original poster and have completed a course - thank you for all the suggestions and advice - it is appreciated. Yesterday I ordered my first IWB holster and I see it in about 6 months...

Thanks again to all...

Spy
June 10, 2009, 01:51 PM
I went To Rogers class.....A-1 went to Summit county took 3 weeks to get my license

flyer747
June 11, 2009, 07:57 PM
maxkimber i applied at medina county s/o and it only took 2 days .very quick

selfprotection1
September 29, 2009, 12:33 PM
Here is our CCW CCL Training Classes in the Northeast Cleveland area that covers Akron, Medina, and Lorain.

Check out our website at,

http://www.selfprotection1.com

With us, we encourage you to learn with your firearm (if you have one) instead of taking the CCW test with a .22 caliber handgun which is not realistically carried if you have a CCW license. We have .22 you can learn on along with a variety of other calibers such as 9mm and .40 cal as well with others.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at 330-715-5266, or visit http://www.selfprotection1.com for a list of current classes, what to bring, meet the staff, pricing information, and much more!