PDA

View Full Version : Small game colorado question

FunJay
February 15, 2008, 12:09 PM
Am I allowed to hunt p dogs and yotes with a .308 in colorado?

root
February 15, 2008, 02:17 PM
page 3 of the guide says:
3. CALIBER RESTRICTION
a. It is illegal to hunt game birds, small game mammals or
furbearers with a centerfire rifle larger than .23 caliber in
regular rifle deer and elk seasons west of I-25, unless
you have an unfillled deer or elk license for the season you are
hunting. A small game license also is required.

FunJay
February 15, 2008, 02:36 PM
Yea i saw that but it says deer and elk season. Im talking about every other time. By that it means yes but I want to know about regular small game season.

root
February 15, 2008, 02:46 PM
as that's the only caliber restriction, I suppose every other time of year you could hunt them with whatever you want.

davlandrum
February 15, 2008, 03:15 PM
+1 to root

To my way of thinking, if they go to the effort to tell you when you CAN'T do it, then all other times must be OK.

Of course, I am not a lawyer, don't play one on TV, and did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

It is a crying shame the way regs are written now. My buddy actually talked his way out of a citation, since he was able to show the officer the part of the regs that allowed him to do XYZ, even though the officer showed him a different part that said he couldn't.

FunJay
February 15, 2008, 05:00 PM
yea its the way its worded is why I was asking. I wasnt sure and wanted to make sure

UniversalFrost
February 20, 2008, 01:39 PM
Quick colorado hunting question for you colorado folks.

What if any hunting can be done in March, April and May.

Thinking prairie dogs, yotes, etc.... Maybe spring turkey, etc...

I am asking because I will be in Denver for those 3 months on a rotation and was wondering if I should do a little hunting.

Also, anybody from Denver know any good ranges (indoor, outdoor, pistol, rifle, shotgun, etc...) in the area (I will be in Engelwood/greenwood village area).

Wife won't be there most of the time so I thought I might do a heck of a lot more shooting (now just need to check on bringing a few guns with me and to ship them or bring them through the airlines.

JOE

Darren007
February 20, 2008, 11:32 PM
Hey Universalfrost....Im in Colorado. If your going to be in the Englewood area and you want to shoot close, your only option is Cherry Creek Lake/ State Park. Its in the city and about a 10-15 minute drive if youre in Englewood. They have a shooting range for both rifle and pistol as well as skeet/trap/and pattern boards for shotgun. The rifle range is 50 and 100 yards and I believe the pistol range is 15 yards (but dont quote me on that):rolleyes:

The only downside... its $7.00 to enter the park and another $13.00 to shoot. Also you can only bring 2 rifles at a time, anymore than that and they charge extra for each rifle above the 2 max. Though I think you can bring a combination of 2 rifles and 2 pistols without getting hit up with the extra fees.