PDA

View Full Version : Optics on SD shotgun

BerettaCougar
February 2, 2008, 01:28 AM
So anyone here ever put optics on their shotgun?

http://www.impactguns.com/store/eotech.html

GATMOG
February 2, 2008, 01:36 AM
I find that the bead works quickest for me.. But at night that eotech would be really nice to have..

Rob96
February 2, 2008, 05:28 AM
Bead with an attached light work for me. I am going to change my factory bead to a tritium bead from Marble Beads though.

Slopemeno
February 2, 2008, 11:02 AM
Using a light correctly is awesome at night- I'd rather have it than a dot sight on a HD shotgun.

Creature
February 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
No...and I don't think I ever will.

TexasSeaRay
February 2, 2008, 11:19 AM
Not sure why I would ever want or need optics on a weapon we typically used at distances of less than twenty feet.

Jeff

Dave McC
February 2, 2008, 05:37 PM
Nope. Nothing beats a bead for speed. A peep sight with large aperture is very close behind, and works better with slugs if things move outside.

The key as always, is familiarity and practice....

spldrong
February 3, 2008, 03:00 AM
Watch a video of SAS guys or SEALs or SWAT clearing a room.. now on there MP5s what do you see?? Nothing. they are either using iron sites, ghost sites, or just looking down the barrel.
Being that you said SD (self Defence) shotgun, I will go with what the pros are doing. optics are just to slow when clearing a room.. or your house.
But I like the Light or laser idea that was mentioned before.:eek:

jonedell@yahoo.com
February 3, 2008, 07:04 PM
if you have a magazine extension than you could use the lasermax light/laser combo. I have one on my 870 and i love it for the night and its alot cheaper than an Eotech