View Full Version : Cheap ammo- 12 GA Brenneke smooth barrel

January 27, 2008, 04:16 PM
I was wondering where you folks buy cheap brenneke or the like ammunition. I used to buy it from http://www.abcoutdoors.com/, but I haven't been able to load the page for the last 2 months. A box of Brenneke USA K.O. Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1 oz Foster-type Slug Box of 5 was between $2.30 to $2.19.

I have a mossberg 590 with a smooth barrel(no twist). Purpose of the ammo is for target shooting. Can anyone recommend another online retailer that has cheap/large quantity ammunition?

January 27, 2008, 05:13 PM
It seems you're looking for slugs, but I can't quite tell from your post.

If that's correct, then you may want to try Sellier & Bellot, but remember that S&B 2 3/4" is made long, so it runs to almost 3". If your SG is made to handle 3" shells, and you're aware of the length, you'll be fine.

January 27, 2008, 05:17 PM
try cheaperthandirt.com. for online buys.

if you have a dicks sporting goods shop nearby they sell brenneke ko slugs and ko sabots. last price i saw for dicks sports. was $2.28 a box on sale. $2.69 reg. price.

January 27, 2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry, for target shooting, yes slugs. They don't allow buckshot on a range for obvious reasons. Slugs it is.

January 27, 2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks Rem. I'll take a drive to Dick's and see what they've got... Welp. Not in stock. They only carry the black magic/sabot's at 8 dollars per. Guess I'll keepa lookin. Seems to be sold out online as well. Hmm.. Odd.