PDA

View Full Version : Cheap ammo- 12 GA Brenneke smooth barrel

Thoreau
January 27, 2008, 04:16 PM
I was wondering where you folks buy cheap brenneke or the like ammunition. I used to buy it from http://www.abcoutdoors.com/, but I haven't been able to load the page for the last 2 months. A box of Brenneke USA K.O. Ammunition 12 Gauge 2-3/4" 1 oz Foster-type Slug Box of 5 was between $2.30 to $2.19.

I have a mossberg 590 with a smooth barrel(no twist). Purpose of the ammo is for target shooting. Can anyone recommend another online retailer that has cheap/large quantity ammunition?

workinwifdakids
January 27, 2008, 05:13 PM
It seems you're looking for slugs, but I can't quite tell from your post.

If that's correct, then you may want to try Sellier & Bellot, but remember that S&B 2 3/4" is made long, so it runs to almost 3". If your SG is made to handle 3" shells, and you're aware of the length, you'll be fine.

rem870hunter
January 27, 2008, 05:17 PM
try cheaperthandirt.com. for online buys.

if you have a dicks sporting goods shop nearby they sell brenneke ko slugs and ko sabots. last price i saw for dicks sports. was $2.28 a box on sale. $2.69 reg. price.

Thoreau
January 27, 2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry, for target shooting, yes slugs. They don't allow buckshot on a range for obvious reasons. Slugs it is.

Thoreau
January 27, 2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks Rem. I'll take a drive to Dick's and see what they've got... Welp. Not in stock. They only carry the black magic/sabot's at 8 dollars per. Guess I'll keepa lookin. Seems to be sold out online as well. Hmm.. Odd.