PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Vis Shotgun Sight Question

Sportdog
January 21, 2008, 03:40 AM
Have any of you guys ever put one of the "snap on" magnetic Hi-Vis front sights on a sxs double barrel? I've looked through the various catalogs and all they seem to mention specifically are references to ventilated rib barrels. I have measured the rib section of my double and it seems to fall in the width parameters so I'm thinking that it may work. Any experiences or thoughts? :confused: Thank You.

rhoffler
January 21, 2008, 08:35 AM
I use them on my 870 for turkey hunting helps in early morning light. R Hoffler

ronto
January 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
I have it on my Mossberg 500. The installation instructions say to leave the factory front bead on. I tried it without the factory bead on and it creeps forward under recoil. Put the factory bead back on and it stays put. I use the red insert and it works good for my applications.

classic095
January 21, 2008, 10:54 AM
Most of em I have seen fall off do to recoil, You might like a marbles ivory front bead and the Marbles ivory mid rib bead.. I have converted many shotgunners to this bead and they get rid of the glow in the dark junk..

rem870hunter
January 21, 2008, 03:25 PM
i bought a birdbuster set of hi-viz sights . put it on my 870 vent rib barrel. haven't tried on anything else but it works great for me. the factory bead is a small steel type. i was gonna replace it with a glow type. but this was cheaper. it hasn't fallen off yet and i can use it on other barrels if i choose to. my wingmaster 870 has the bradley front sight with steel mid bead. i think i shot maybe 100 game loads with it at clays. it just sits in the cabinet waiting to be used again.