View Full Version : Canadian looking to trade moose hunt for boar hunt

January 20, 2008, 03:17 PM
I live in Ontario and was wondering if there is any interest in such a thing. Here you can apply for an out of residents tag and hunt with a resident gang. Of course the person would still have to get here and pay for fuel,camp supply's etc, but it is a hell of a lot cheaper than a guide. There is a limited number of tags to be had within a group but because of the out of resident tag I believe you are guaranteed one. More than one person would be fine to. I don't know all the details of this because the idea just came into my head today but if there is any interest I will do my homework.

Art Eatman
January 20, 2008, 04:59 PM
Feral hogs are all year-around, down here. What's the usual moose-hunting time up there?

January 20, 2008, 05:27 PM
Well if it was to happen we need to go to "up north" a bit. The season starts in September and ends in Dec. Mid to late Sept is ideal as the rut is usually on and the bulls get stupid.

January 21, 2008, 11:57 AM
My brother raises pigs, I'm sure I could turn a few loose for you if that would work.:D I sure wish I had a hunt to swap with you as hunting moose has been a dream of mine for several years now. I just live in the wrong place to have any pig hunting to offer.:(

January 21, 2008, 05:36 PM
Not limited to pigs only, thats just what came to mind. Any larger game that I dont have access to in northern Ontario would be of interest.

January 21, 2008, 05:52 PM
If you wanted to hunt some Pronghorn I could hook you up, if you are interested.

January 21, 2008, 06:03 PM
Now you are talking. Are they plentiful in Colorado?, what about elk? we only have them in the west but I have shot a cow before. Pronghorn is a definite contender for a trade:D

January 21, 2008, 06:06 PM
There has been some talk about a caribou hunt among the gang this year instead of moose, would that be as good as moose?

January 22, 2008, 12:45 AM
If you want to trade we may be able to work something out. Lots of pigs here!

heres my email piercfh@auburn.edu please let me know some details.