View Full Version : glock front sight

Ranger Al
January 18, 2008, 01:06 PM
anyone ever install glock front sight? All of my shotguns has those "hi-viz" sight on to them and though I would have one for my glock. Anyone know how to remove the original? Looks like I could just push the pin out from the bottom.

just want to know if anyone improvise any of their glock, pic would be nice...

January 18, 2008, 05:45 PM
Can't imagine why you'd want to reuse that flimsy piece of plastic front sight. Just grab it with pliers and rip it out.

February 2, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hear Hear,

If you wanted to use it again you would need a Front Sight Staking device. They are kind of expensive and personally can't see the use in doing it. I replaced the front sight on two of my Glocks with Hi-Viz sights.(actually a Hi-Viz on my 35 and a Tru-Glo on my 33). Rip that plastic one out. Invest in a Glock front sight nut driver (3/16 in)...works on both. Lay a white towel across your work station(because it is a P.I.T.A. if you drop that sight screw) A little dab of Loctite and your done. 10-15 minutes tops.:D:D

Ranger Al
February 9, 2008, 02:09 AM
got some pic? Sound like a really neat idea...

Superhouse 15
February 9, 2008, 02:16 AM
Most of the aftermarket sights are coming with a little wrench for the install included in the package. You probably won't have to buy one or modify a socket. Ripping the old one off with pliers is the accepted method of removal. It's a totally easy project for home gunsmithing. I like the Tru Glo myself.

Ranger Al
February 14, 2008, 08:50 PM
I too like the Tru glow type.. I think may go for that..

February 15, 2008, 07:02 PM
If you wanted to use it again you would need a Front Sight Staking device

Jestly, you sure. The front sight staking device is ONLY used for flaring the hollow tenon of metal Glock sights. There's a small, plastic pin that holds the aforementioned flimsyass cheap plastic Glock front sight in place.

Ranger Al
February 19, 2008, 12:05 PM
Expensive stuffs! Anyone come with bright idea how to convert the one off the shelf into the GLOCK? :D
$100+ for sight is a little rich for my blood, I have seen those at Wally world for $12 and was wonders if anyone know or have idea to convert it to the gun.