PDA

View Full Version : super nova 4+1...?

toughtruck
January 7, 2008, 08:25 PM
I have recently purchased a bennelli super-nova pump, andafter reading many specs, it is my understanding that the shotgun is supposed to hold 4+1 shells, MY shotgun only holds 2+1...is this correct? this is my first shotgun and I am fairly new to the sport, so go easy on me :)

mattfra
January 7, 2008, 09:08 PM
You will have to remove the red 'plug' in the magazine tube. The owners manual shows an exploded view. The hardest part is to remove is the retainer that is under the magazine cap. Some needle nose pliers will remove the retainer. Keep your face away from the magazine tube because the spring is under compression. Remove the plug and voila...you will have a 4+1 shotgun.

Another thing you can do (or try) is use a Remington 870 stock follower. This will give you 5+1 capacity with 2 3/4 shells that don't have a roll crimp (like Selllier 7 Bellot or Wolf).

Tac Star makes a magazine extension too. That will give you 8+1!!

toughtruck
January 8, 2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks Matt, much appreciated!

BBYRFT
January 17, 2008, 09:41 PM
I just joined the Forum so I could ask that same question about the Mossberg I just started working on.:o So Great question and response! Hopefully I'll have more worthwhile information as I dive deeper into this project and gain some more experience in the world of shotguns.

BBYRFT
January 17, 2008, 09:55 PM
ToughTruck, not to high jack your thread, but I do have a question. I just pulled the dowel out of my Mossberg and I was wondering why do they even do this? If it's this easy to circumvent (less than 5 min) what were thier intentions? If it was a control thing they shouldn't have advertised the gun as the higher capacity. :confused:

Coupe_deVille
January 17, 2008, 11:07 PM
i removed the magazine plug and it still only holds 3+1, anyone noticed this before?

zoomie
January 17, 2008, 11:23 PM
2 3/4" shells?

chris in va
January 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
The plug is for waterfowl shooting regulations.

Coupe you should be able to get 4+1 in a SuperNova. Make sure something in the magazine isn't binding.

bigbuck270
January 18, 2008, 09:30 AM
In many states its illegal to hunt migratory birds with a shot gun that holds more than 3 rounds. Up here in Maine you can hunt grouse all season with your shot gun that holds 5 rounds but if you shoot a woodcock you better have you gun "plugged" or you can be in big trouble.

Jeffenwulf
January 19, 2008, 05:18 PM
I've got a supernova as well. It will hold 4+1 in 2 3/4" or 3". I just tested it out to make doubly sure. With 4 3" shells there's still around an inch or so left. If you took the plug out, you might want to check to make sure that you replaced the spring properly so it isn't binding up properly.