PDA

View Full Version : Stoeger Coach Gun

KZMAN
January 3, 2008, 10:23 AM
I am interested in a Stoeger coach gun in 20 gauge. I mostly shoot handguns, but have wanted a short double barrel shotgun for some time. I have very limited shotgun experience, although I do own a Remington 870 in 12 gauge. My question is, for someone that doesn't hunt and will only occasionally take the shotgun out, do I need to consider the Supreme model with the chokes or would the standard model suffice?

Full-choke
January 3, 2008, 10:44 AM
Given the fact that you aren't going to hunt with it, I wouldn't see why you would need the deluxe version with choke tubes. The Stoeger Coach gun is a good little shotgun, great for HD in my eyes. It wouldn't make a bad little Cowboy Action shooter either.

Stoeger makes a good, inexpensive gun. The fit and finish isn't amazing, but they are definitely a good gun for the money. They are dependable and rugged, I think you will be pleased.

F-C

rem870hunter
January 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
i was in one of my local shops last week. they had a used stoeger coach gun. internal hammers 12 ga. 3" chamber. for $199.00. it looked great. fixed chokes not sure what they were in each barrel. probably imp.cyl. and mod. dicks has a stoeger 12 ga. but i think it was a 2 and 3/4" chamber only. for over $300.00. not sure if it had choke tubes or fixed chokes. i would like one for rabbit hunting and for fun at the range.

Sgt.Fathead
January 3, 2008, 01:54 PM
We have a Stoeger Coach Gun 20g in Nickel and black walnut as a back-up to my Rem 870 eight-shot 12g. It's fun to use down at the gravel pits for blowing away assorted junk, too. Not pretty but it does the job. My wife also enjoys shooting skeet/trap with her Stoeger Uplander 20g. Again, not a cosmetically superb piece but a sturdy field gun.

classic095
January 5, 2008, 09:34 AM
Have the Stoeger (coach)in 410, (stainless) shoot skeet with it, great little gun for the money..

45Marlin carbine
January 5, 2008, 10:12 AM
my 12 ga. coach is choked improved cylinder right, modified left which is fine for field/upland hunting and H-D duty. IIRC it is available no choke each barrel. I like mine, keep it handy by bedside in case I have to step outside in which case I would have my Mak along also. I live aways off the pavement. I've always favored a SXS 12 ga. magnum. the intimidation factor you know.:eek: