PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Super X 3 (SX3)

bluedog
December 28, 2007, 03:37 PM
Folks,
Anyone out there with experience with the new Win SX3 shotgun? It looks like a winner and has nice features but at $950 per copy, I would like to know what some owners/users think about this shotgun? :confused:
Thanks!

redrick
December 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
I saw that shotgun yesterday and told my brother and 2 uncles how nice it looked . It did feel a little heavy compared to the super black eagle .

BigJimP
December 28, 2007, 07:47 PM
I think its competitively priced with the other gas guns on the market. I fired a test gun that the marketing rep had about 4 months ago - and overall I think it's a decent gun - not spectacular - but I only put 6 rounds thru it on a skeet field / just a short test.

Browning owns Winchester - and while I didn't pull the SX3 apart of course - I doubt its significantly different than the Browning semi-auto offerings internally - maybe a little cheaper than the Brownings.

The Benelli super sport with the comfort tech stock is a softer shooting gun / faster cycling and a lot cleaner shooting than any of the gas guns - in my opinion - but its more money at about $ 1450. If I were you, I'd wait and see if one of your buddies picks one up - and then you can probably test fire it and compare it to some of the other gas guns if that's what you really want. But I'd recommend you take a 2nd look at the Benelli Super sport before you buy / its a lot of gun for the money with a lot of adjustability for fit built into it.

bclark1
December 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
just went on about my SX2 in another thread. i paid around $700 all said and done with the rebate as they were phasing them out. i'd pay it again today in a heartbeat. the SX3's supposed to be an improved SX2 - i'm not convinced there was any improvement to make, practically speaking, but if it keeps the good features of the SX2, it's a bargain at anything less than any of the "high-end" brands.