PDA

View Full Version : Ithaca

max12
December 25, 2007, 05:57 PM
I have an ithaca model 37. dose anybody know what year/years this model was made?

Thanks,

J F Cooper
December 25, 2007, 09:26 PM
The Ithaca Model 37 has been made from about 1938 up till now, with a few short gaps of late..JFC

rem870hunter
December 26, 2007, 12:03 AM
the serial number will give a better idea when it was made. and hopefully the barrel and receiver numbers match. if not go by the receiver numbers. my father has 2 ithaca 37. one deerslayer model and one featherlight. not much difference in looks other than the forends. both were made in the late 60's. one thing about the ithaca 37 is that serial numbers below 85500 barrels had to be fitted to the receiver at the factory. something about thread tolerance. serial numbers above 85500 went together fine i guess. as long as the barrel was a 85500 or higher serial number like the receiver. from what i know of them they are very good shotguns. friendly to lefthanded and righthanded shooters.

jrothWA
December 26, 2007, 01:17 AM
thread standardization and when the SN was stamped on the right reciever side above trigger.
1958 was the last use if the magazine cap lever pin.

If your SN is on the right front receiver face and the barrel DOES not have the same number then check the HEADSPACE before shooting.