December 7, 2007, 04:54 PM
Learn / review the intracacies and implications of handling a firearm
and be able to defend yourself with it. What are
the decision making issues relevant for the use of a firearm when
a life threatening situation occurs?

Log onto Freedom Broadcast Network - FBN www.myfbn.com
or to this Direct Link:
http://www.freedombroadcastnetwork.com/sdn.asp

Tune into the Self Defense Network on Channel [3] where world renowned Conceal Carry Weapons Instructor - Richard Stefani teaches the above topics and more on video with a Conceal Carry perspective.

Richard Stefani's FREE on-line Self Defense Course is divided into 23 Chapters. You and your loved ones can watch these videos at your own pace. Learn for the first time or be reminded of the important aspects of handling a firearm even if you are an experienced gun owner.

DMK
December 11, 2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks for sharing that! :)

michigun
December 11, 2007, 10:47 AM
Great link thanks to Andy 6222.

Andy 6222
December 12, 2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks Michigun and DMK, enjoy the refresher info.
Best of all it's free - there's so much to know when
considering using a gun, but the bottom line, it's our
God (and Constitutional) given right.

Andy

obxned
December 13, 2007, 05:55 PM
I checked it out. This is a darn fine course and hits all the high point that any CCW course should. It is not specific to any one state's law, but neither are morality or common sense. I would recommend it to any and every one who owns a handgun or is thinking of buying a handgun.

The folks that are providing this course free of charge to anyone interested are true heroes of the RKBA battle.

murphjup
December 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
Excellent Link Thank you very much for posting...

:)

novaDAK
December 14, 2007, 05:46 AM
thanks for the link...watched the whole thing all the way though.

I really did learn a few things I never thought about before (I don't have a CCW yet but will in another two years) though a few things did make me kinda laugh, first when he covers himself with the Mod. 29 and admits to it and just kinda looks down and smiles and you can just see him thinking (I really ****ed up right there) and then when he talks about being pulled over and says "Do you think you need a federal background check to get a drivers license? Hell No! Any Juarez or Jiminez can go down to MacArthur Park and get a counterfeit one!"
That made me laugh pretty good :D

finity
December 15, 2007, 09:52 AM
How do you access the videos? All I get are the sponsors ads. I looked for a place to register but couldn't find anything, all I could find was the login screen.

Andy 6222
December 17, 2007, 09:05 PM
Hi Finity - can you try this link
http://www.freedombroadcastnetwork.com/sdn.asp

Also click on the "handgun" thumbnail on each chapter
(not on the sponsor link in the bar)

Hope you can watch it.

Thanks

Capt Charlie
December 17, 2007, 10:29 PM
Good stuff, Andy! Thanks for posting it.

I'm going to sticky this for a few months so more people can take advantage of it, and I encourage others here to do just that. :)

Andy 6222
December 19, 2007, 01:41 AM
Thank you Captain Charlie...

I posted an article under Legal / Political
"A Tale of Two Malls"

Andy 6222

DamMan
December 28, 2007, 03:36 AM
All I can see are the ads. The links still looking for sponsors don't have anything. I tried clicking on the handgun at the left of each course box and it was the same thing. Any other hints on how to view the courses?

Thank You

RKJ
December 28, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'll chime in with a big Thank You, also. I watched #1 and 9 and really liked what I saw.

Andy 6222
December 30, 2007, 03:31 AM
And Thank You RKJ - You're welcome.

to: "DamMan", I sent you a message.

Anyone having trouble seeing the videos
please try loading Windows Media Player 9

Here is the link to download WMP 9.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/9series/default.aspx

Thank you all.

Andy

DamMan
January 5, 2008, 07:57 AM
The latest version of Windows Media Player was the answer. Thank You!!

Big Don
January 7, 2008, 10:41 PM
Has anyone tried to access this link lately? I've used IE and Firefox and neither one is able to connect. I get a "DNS lookup error" :(

Capt Charlie
January 7, 2008, 11:16 PM
I get a "DNS lookup error"
Hmm. I just tried it and it worked fine, Don. Problem must be on your end.

theotherguy
January 20, 2008, 10:13 AM
Woah! This is good stuff! I've already shared it with my family members.

ShootemDown
February 4, 2008, 12:41 AM
So much of what he says is repeats of those myths I find on the internet. lots of hearsay...

Aqeous
February 4, 2008, 03:03 PM
With all due respect to all of those on this thread who seem to favor those videos I have most certainly seen better instruction than this before . . .

Also one other thing, there is a general consensus that the extreme shock ammo that he is advocating is not at all what it is cracked up to be.

Just FYI so you can come to your own decision and be as informed as possible.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278648

yomama
February 8, 2008, 11:15 AM
Aqeous, understood, but it is free. Get what you pay for? :)

Aqeous
February 9, 2008, 10:23 AM
Exactly . . .

yomama
February 9, 2008, 10:37 AM
I also thought that was hilarious when he covered himself. That was a big I'm f'd smile.

Aqeous
February 9, 2008, 11:31 AM
:D

tazmss
February 17, 2008, 03:04 AM
Very informative....and for Free:).....Definitely a +!!!

Shadi Khalil
February 26, 2008, 05:04 PM
I think its great that the instructor cant wear that tommy gun pack and not laugh.

Sgt.Fathead
March 1, 2008, 11:27 PM
Any bit of additional info adds to the mental arsenal we will all have to use against those who would attempt to take out lives. Thanks much for posting this sticky!

D53
March 12, 2008, 03:01 AM
I know this is an old thread and most have moved on from it, but 1 more thanks for the links, great info on the videos

Epyon
March 18, 2008, 07:30 PM
Good link, but the video lags, does anyone have a better running video anywhere?

Epyon

sidroski
April 5, 2008, 11:18 PM
Can you copy this to DVD and how do you do it? Don't want to break copyright laws but would like to send my PC-less,doen'twant one mother a copy (I did buy her a dvd for watching movies with the grandkids at night).

Fer
May 14, 2008, 10:24 AM
Looks good, but I can only see the the video advertisements for Smart carry, the shop and the pack, I cant see the actual training course I tried to copy the target and I get a message that the format is not suported by internet explorer, but then why is it I can see the ardvertisements?
I truly wanted to see the course:(

ccw08
May 17, 2008, 10:06 AM
Just got done watching it and VERY INFORMATIVE

Thank You

nbknnt
May 20, 2008, 08:05 PM
Come on, now!

Smart Carry, Dumb Carry, what's the difference?

I don't need web commercials on top of the other garbage that gets thrown at me on TV.

Don't waste my time and bandwidth with this kind of nonsense!

You may log into the Firing Line to watch come-on ads, but I definitely don't!

ActivShootr
May 21, 2008, 12:20 AM
I really love how he demonstrates with LOADED firearms. :rolleyes::barf:

I sure am glad I'm not in a classroom with this guy. I wonder if his cameraman gets hazzard pay.

What a goon. :mad:

P220C
May 21, 2008, 04:06 PM
I No likey.

Aside from the amazing breeches of muzzle discipline, he states that a knife is in the continium of force. Say again?!?!?! Let me get this straight... He believes that a knife is less lethal than a gun. He states, "fists, pepper spray, knife, gun." He then draws the knife flicks it to open it (and acts as though those watching will be impressed by that) and prepares to defend himself with it.

I understand that a knife can be used as a weapon. What I don't understand is why he would say that a knife ranks below the gun in a continium of force. Maybe he has some case prescedent that backs that statement up, but a man armed with a knife can kill you just as dead as a man armed with a gun. He just has a shorter ranged weapon.

I think Mas is credited with saying something along the lines of always respect a weapon that can send you home in multiple body bags.

Me thinks this instructor should get to a Thunder Ranch, Gunsite or an ILF course before he films another of these painful videos.

On a funnier note, I did find it mildly ammusing when he is pointing at his crotch while wearing the smart carry and swaying side to side. Good thing the sound worked, or there would have been some 'splainin' to do.

cchardwick
November 15, 2008, 12:01 AM
I laughed when he opened up the revolver and all the rounds fell out all over himself LOL. Good instruction though, very similar to the class I had when I got my Concealed Carry Permit. And good idea to practice with snap caps.

I always carry my semi autos with NO round in the chamber and only chamber a round when I'm ready to shoot. This is the safest way to carry and you can train to chamber a round when you draw and it doesn't take any additional time. That's why I carry a Glock because when I chamber a round I don't want to be bothered with a safety. Just watch some of the Die Hard movies and you'll see that one of the tactics they use is to sneak up behind the enemy, grab the gun in their holster and shoot them in the foot with their own gun. I noticed that in this training video he did have a LIVE round in the chamber and I saw it hit the table when he pulled back the slide. Not safe in my opinion, but like he said everyone has their own slight modification of self defence tactics. Like the post above, I'm glad I wasn't actually in the classroom with this guy. That live round in the chamber had me jumping in my chair the rest of the way through.

What's the deal with the old thread warning? I post something new that's already been posted and get yelled at by the older folks and here I am with an 'Old Thread Warning' LOL.

NormOps
November 29, 2008, 01:19 AM
With all due respect to all of those on this thread who seem to favor those videos I have most certainly seen better instruction than this before . . .

Is there any time you simply believe anything and everything you hear? No.
It is prudent to critique.
Not to say there wasn't some good points, there was.

Eli W.

casio02478
December 16, 2008, 10:25 AM
Some good pointer and it is free, can't complain.

Kline605
December 29, 2008, 07:18 AM
Thanks Andy 6222 for the post. Obviously there was some good and bad to be taken from the videos, but we learn from both.

Nexttime
December 30, 2008, 02:17 PM
Doesn't seem to work with Safari on OSX. :confused:

MDCREEKMORE
March 19, 2009, 02:53 PM
It's hard to beat free. Thanks for listing this, now I have something else on my to do list. At least I can take it at my own pace.

Gregory Gauvin
April 16, 2009, 07:29 PM
Check out chapter 7. The 44 magnum was loaded all the while.

Enoy21
April 17, 2009, 10:15 AM
Like FER I too can only see the advertisements and not the axctual training... but then I'm trying to pass through a corporate firewall that may be causing some issues.

Enoy21
April 20, 2009, 06:35 PM
Ok .... After watching the videos ..... Although I realize there is some very good information in there. I couldn't help but think to my self that if an Anti saw this video they would laugh at the format and the speaker and have some cannon fodder rather than changing their views on anything....

He seemed quite a bit "out there" lol.

Good info either way .... but ... yeah.

broncobob
May 26, 2009, 09:34 PM
My hat's off to Andy 6222.
The course is very informative.

Blackthunder
May 28, 2009, 06:38 AM
I visit the forum quite often, I rarely ever post anything here, but this time I felt compelled.

There is only one thing more dangerous than a little knowledge, and that is a little wrong knowledge.

This guy really does not know his stuff. The worst thing is that this self professed ‘guru:barf:’, will probably influence beginners, that think he is the best thing since sliced bread………

His tactics with both knives and firearms, can get you killed faster than anything. His level of knowledge is 0. And worst of all he is very unsafe in the way he handles both firearms and knives ( did I spot it correctly: does he miss a finger tip on his left hand?).

If you want to have training that can provide you with skills, that might give you an edge in difficult situations. I would recommend to start working on basic firearms skills, and your overall physical shape
And then to seek out intense training from people that have years of actual combat experience, and that train professionals. This type of training is not cheap, but you get what you pay for. Most programs for civilians, just do not cut it.

Roaddogg 4040
June 21, 2009, 05:56 PM
I am new to this web site and just watched this CCW video. As some of you point out, it was somewhat disconcerting to watch this guy with all that live ammo spilling out of guns and bouncing all over the place. There was a lot of good information and a lot of miss handling of guns too, but it was informative and I do appreciate the posting of the videos...

Steve

WeedWacker
June 22, 2009, 09:47 PM
I'm trying to watch this but not getting any sound... :confused: Of course, the commercial at the beginning is coming in loud and clear :rolleyes:

IZZY
July 9, 2009, 10:21 PM
HE DOES SAY there is no camera man later on ( during the "robbery" chapter 15) Then in chapter 18 asks the camera man to leave???? WTH?

His ammo section ( and promotion of a proprietary ammo) left something to be desired.

The actual HG tactics were really just as "Half-Homie" as his self labled stance...why not advocate piont shooting instead????

38super
July 31, 2009, 05:29 AM
Thank you for sharing

TurkeyHunter4ever
August 15, 2009, 12:28 AM
Thank you, Andy. And, thanks to the Capt. for saving it!

tommyboy
April 27, 2010, 03:22 PM
thanks for the heads up,this is a great tool to have.

SCDeac82
June 8, 2010, 03:05 PM
Very imformative.

I think he exaggerates when describing the wound channel of a .44 Mag round, but I guess that was to dramatize the difference compared to a ..

JB

booker_t
June 25, 2010, 08:08 AM
I browsed through these, a few things that don't sit right with me. I'll address one of them, which involves the draw of a concealed handgun from the hip (chapter 13). He demonstrates the same draw with a revolver as he would with a semiauto. The blast from the front of the cylinder in that instance, if he was forced to shoot before fully presenting, would definitely hurt his feelings. There are far better ways of drawing revolvers out there.

I'd like to know how he lost the tip of his left ring finger.

While there is some good information in these videos, my issue is that presenting good information leads a non-skeptical or fairly new viewer to believe that all the information is sound and valid.

Providence
September 22, 2010, 09:27 PM
I watched all the videos. I saw and understand your criticisms, but there is some good info there as well. All in all, I'm glad I spent the time watching the video.