PDA

View Full Version : M1918 BAR Gas Cylinder Body Question

summers6dogs
November 13, 2007, 04:00 PM
Hello,

Can anyone help an old lady (me) identify the difference between the M1918 BAR components Gas Cylinder Body (old style) and Gas Cylinder Body (pin type/new style) ? I have 3 of these parts and don't know whether they are old or new style. I found the terminology in Numrich's (Gun Parts Corp) catalog but have been unable to find an explanation of the difference or line drawing/photos even though I've Googled until my eyes are crossed ! Thanks for any responses. Please feel free to point and snicker.

summers6dogs
November 15, 2007, 10:52 AM
Well then....:) Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can go to get some answers? Please be kind.

VUPDblue
November 15, 2007, 12:08 PM
For as few and far between as transferable BAR's are, I'm not surprised that you are having difficulty. I would recommend that you try the forum over at Sturmgewehr.com. Surely someone over there would be able to help you out.

summers6dogs
November 15, 2007, 12:40 PM
Hello, blue. Thanks much for the suggestion. Just a few mintues ago, a member of another forum (usmilitaria) sent me photos that identified the difference in the two components.