PDA

View Full Version : Legally Armed - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Drach
November 2, 2007, 08:22 PM
Legally Armed .com is a place that sells really cool booklettes that tell you what the gun laws are in each state. They are state specific, so if you live in TX, you buy a TX one and they tell you where you can carry etc.

Well DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!! I ordered two sets of booklettes from them WEEKS ago, paid for them, and have NEVER recieved 3 out of the 4 books. I have REPEATEDLY asked for the books or my money back, and all I get is "books are on their way". Never receive them.

DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON. It has been something like 8 or 12 weeks, and probably 6 or 7 Emails.

gvf
November 3, 2007, 01:55 AM
If you used a credit card (the ONLY safe way to shop on the web), call them. They'll contact merchant, or just cancel the payment if it's been really a long time.

gvf
November 3, 2007, 01:58 AM
If you used a credit card (the ONLY safe way to shop on the web), call them. They'll contact merchant, or just cancel the payment and credit it back to your account if it's been really a long time. If they contact merchant, your payment will be credited back to your account for the time being until it's determined what's going on. I think if it's been weeks, you'll just get the credit, as in for good.

musher
November 3, 2007, 10:00 AM
I'd be pretty hesitant to rely on a booklet of unknown quality to figure out firearms law in my state or any other.

Most states have their statutes and regulations online. At least when you consult those sources you have some assurance that they are correct and up to date.

BlkHawk73
November 3, 2007, 01:51 PM
I'm with musher on this. If you desire legal information do NOT rely on on-line sources, even retailers. All you'd need is available from your state police or local agencies. If not, I'd contact a well established organization such as the NRA. Dealing with lesser individuals gets lesser results as evident here.

Eghad
November 3, 2007, 08:44 PM
Even the online government web sites usually have a disclaimer against relying on the sites to be up to date. :eek:

Drach
November 3, 2007, 08:46 PM
I used a check, unfortunately. Although I have submitted a complaint to the BBB and will follow up with the Postal Inspector, since they are using the mail.

LegallyArmed.com is a pro-gun organization out of TN, and I met the guy at a gunshow - I'm surprised it has turned out this way. Seriously, I have tried SEVERAL times, and NO response at all.

They get the information straight from the states' laws, and only compile it in an easy-to-reference guide. I checked them against states I was familiar with, and I am confident in the information.

But unfortunately, I made a present out of the 25% of the product I ordered and paid for, so I will never get the opportunity to use the information.

I hope the run into them at a gunshow soon and speak with them face-to-face. If nothing else, next time I am driving through TN, perhaps I can look them up in person.