PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Knoxx stock on there Mossberg?

longboard
October 15, 2007, 05:36 PM
500 and how do you think it performs? As well as they say?
Thanks for any info.
Longboard

Smitty in CT
October 15, 2007, 10:09 PM
from the reports I've read the SpecOps stock works very well at taming recoil.

The only negative thing that I've ever heard is if you have a beard, be careful, when the recoil action absorbs the shock, if your beard is in the way you could loose more than a few hairs....

spurrit
October 16, 2007, 02:04 AM
The tactical one, or the normal lookin' one? I have the latter. Unfortunately, it's on a shotgun that's still on layaway.

SpectreBlofeld
October 16, 2007, 02:47 AM
Yes, I have the CopStock folder on my Mossberg 500. I love it.

philuk44
October 16, 2007, 05:03 AM
Yep - I've got the Spec-ops stock on my 500.
It seems to work pretty well for me - no problem at all shooting slugs with it.

Off to a competition next weekend. 50 - 60 slugs and I'm looking forward to it :p

Phil

webbee
October 16, 2007, 09:38 AM
Best shotty add-on that's ever been made for shooting comfort with any shot, buck, or slug. I've shot both the CopStock and the SpecOps and I couldn't recommend them more, especially for slugs. If you don't care about the tactical look then the Compstock is the way to go on a Mossberg because of the safeties position. The only problem with Knoxx stocks is they don't make them for more applications.

DTakas
October 16, 2007, 10:12 AM
I had a SpecOps on a Mossberg and I think it's worth pointing out that any kind of pistol grip stock on a Mossberg will make it much more difficult to get to the slide release and to the safety. On a Remington they are the best thing since sliced bread but on a Mossberg I would recommend the CompStock if you want to be able to quickly operate those features without having to reposition your grip every time.

chris in va
October 16, 2007, 06:49 PM
I have the SpecOps on the 500.

Right away I noticed a problem. I couldn't get my face down far enough on the stock to line up with the front and rear sights! I had to get the Mossberg negative stock shim, and even then I don't feel it's low enough.

Also access to the action release button is awkward at best. The stock completely surrounds it.

But otherwise it really tames recoil, enough to reduce the sharp SNAP of a 12 gauge to a manageable light shove. No problem blowing through 100 rounds of birdshot. The adjustable stock is a nice feature. The reduction feature also works one handed.

I'm thinking though of swapping it out with the CompStock if I can figure out whether or not the LOP is decent.

My friend has the 1st gen CopStock on his 500. That &$*^% thing cuts my thumb knuckle EVERY time. Ouch!

steaknuggets
October 19, 2007, 07:12 PM
Does anyone have the Knoxx BreachersGrip on a 500 and any comments on it?

longboard
October 21, 2007, 09:38 PM
I will get the normal looking one on Monday.
I am also going to order the Mossberg rifled 24" slug barrel for it.
Maybe I can get a deer, if the fires are all out next weekend.
Thanks for the replies!
Longboard

curmudgeon1
October 22, 2007, 03:20 AM
I have a "BreachersGrip" on order with Knoxx, 2wk. del. I ordered on 10/10/07. I'll report when I get it and shoot with it to feel the 50% reduced felt recoil as advertised.

Syntax360
October 22, 2007, 08:08 AM
Chris in VA summed it up nicely. The action release is very difficult to manipulate with the stock equipped and I have no idea how to effectively aim the shotgun without getting slapped in the face. I'm debating adding an optic because I really don't know what else to do...

As far as recoil goes, it's much less stout. There is still recoil, but it's not nearly as sharp or as hard of a snap.

Honestly, if I could re-do the purchase, I'm not sure I would buy again...