PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg 500 Compstock?

chris in va
October 13, 2007, 08:06 PM
I currently have a SpecOps on my 500 as I thought it would serve as a HD gun. Change of plans, it is now used mainly for clays. I don't seem to hit them as well with it.

Those that have the Compstock, I have a couple questions. Did you notice any difference in cheek weld height? Also what is the LOP, and can that be adjusted somehow?

Thanks.

chris in va
October 19, 2007, 10:48 PM
Nobody has a Compstock on their Mossberg?

longboard
October 21, 2007, 09:39 PM
I will after Monday and will let you know.
Longboard

webbee
October 22, 2007, 11:37 AM
The Compstock is the same stock as the Hogue over-molded and is in fact made for Knoxx by them. Knoxx just adds the recoil reducing hardware to the butt. Since I've never replaced one on a Mossberg with the standard stock I can't answer your question about cheek weld. LOP can't be adjusted as far as I know. Knoxx cuts the Hogue to accept their reducer but it seems to be about the same as the stock Hogue length when reassembled. I think the stock Hogue length is about the same as the Mossberg standard wood stock.
Knoxx has really good customer service, so why not e-mail them your questions?

chris in va
October 23, 2007, 06:01 PM
Eh, it's not the same talking to the manufacturer. They never tell you the real deal, just all the positives.

I'd like to shoot clays with my 500 but have recoil reduction that fits just like the normal stock.