PDA

View Full Version : MOUT shotgun carry

phantom_890
October 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
I'm in an advanced rifle marksmanship class and a portion of the class is MOUT. In addition to my M-4 I carry a Mossberg 500 with a pistol grip for breaching with a bungee sling around my body from the left soldier and it hangs off my right hip. However when I do high/lows around corners or take a knee the barrel ends up going straight into the dirt which my instructor pointed out isn't a good thing. So I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for carry that would eliminate that. I really don't want to spend a ton of money of a high speed shotgun sling I probably wont use again so I looking for something I could fashion myself.

Desert01
October 13, 2007, 09:37 PM
phantom_890,

MLARM? Funny comment from the instructor, he should know the answer already. We just finished moding these slings for them:

Single Point magnetic Shot Gun Sling #134 (http://www.bulldogequipment.us/store/product.php?productid=134&cat=7&page=1)

Based on your height the 500's can be hard to set up. We are working on some solutions and hope to make this sling an issue item soon. Until then see if you can get your unit to buy them. Hate to see you have to spring for them. The instructors should be able to tell you about these slings.

Robert