PDA

View Full Version : Value of under/over shotgun???

telsonman
October 7, 2007, 09:46 PM
I'm selling a shotgun for a friend of mine, and i'm trying to see how much it is worth so that i can list it.

It is made by E.R. Amantino(made in Brazil) and the model is Condor 1, 12ga 3" barrel. There is stenciling on the receiver(both sides). it is a single trigger. It is also a Ducks Unlimited series. It has been fired 4 times.

Thanks,
Jeff

lockedcj7
October 8, 2007, 08:19 PM
Stoeger is importing the Condor now. Not sure if it's the same gun but it will be impossible to get away from the name association. These are what I would call "entry-level" O/Us. New prices seem to be in the $500 range. Used, I'm seeing them from $350-$450.

Remington is importing the Spartan from Baikal, Russia. Mossberg is importing one from Turkey and the Condor is coming from Brazil (apparently). Each company is trying to capture a market niche for a decent, low-cost O/U. I would like to see somebody like Remington, Browning, Winchester or Ruger put together a little better gun for $700-$800.

Neanderthal
October 21, 2007, 03:40 AM
I bought a Condor in '06 for $350.00 new. By the way, it shoots perfectly, and the fit and finish is a lot better than people say. I suspect they have improved them. I am keeping mine-I really like it, no matter what the price was. I mostly hunt, sometimes in rough conditions, and even if I could afford an expensive o/u, which I cannot, I would never be able to subject one of these beauties to the conditions mine endures.