PDA

View Full Version : stoger

ron sr
October 4, 2007, 05:58 AM
hi, i am a new member, and would like to know what people think of the new stoger m2000. i just bought one and haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Smitty in CT
October 4, 2007, 09:44 AM
If you got the new one with the red high vis front sight and the ramped rib, then you have a great gun. Some folks had some problems with the early models, evidently Stoeger listened, fixed the problems, and now is making a great gun.

Congrats!!

ebutler462
October 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
+1 for Smitty's advice.

It beat the Franchi I-12, a high dollar gun, in Gun Tests Magazines performance tests. They are made to Benelli's specifications. I have nothing but praise for it and its performance. One word of advice: Buy a Limbsaver rcoil pad if you are sensitive to recoil. Those Benelli type inertia actions have more felt recoil than a gas gun.

ron sr
October 4, 2007, 12:24 PM
thanks for the advice you gave on the recoil pad and i hope i will like this shotgun

Neanderthal
October 21, 2007, 04:11 AM
Congratulations on your choice! I have a new 2000 and love it. The Limbsaver is a must-just consider it part of the price of the gun. Be sure to shoot it before and after-you won't believe the difference. My gun works perfectly. Have been shooting pheasants since the opener here on the 13th. The only gun failure in our party was a Ruger Red Label! So much for price determining the reliability of a hunting gun. Benelli, Moss. 500, old cheap side by side, Rem. 870, Stoeger Condor and Stoeger 2000 were all perfect, but my brother-in-law is not smiling about his Red Label. Beautiful gun, though.