PDA

View Full Version : Help Identify Shotgun

aughtsix
September 27, 2007, 01:16 PM
I was sent these pictures of a Shotgun, that was inherited by a friend of mine.
He lives about 700 miles away, so all I know about it is in these pictures. OOPS, he did say it had a .700" bore and the barrels were .040" thick!! Sounds like a 12 Gauge.

Hope I am posting in the correct thread, feel free to move!

Thanks for any help!!!

Hawg Haggen
September 27, 2007, 01:42 PM
Not much to go on. It needs to have the barrels removed and cleaned with fine steel wool and WD-40 or something similar. If it's foreign it will have proof marks under the barrels to help identify it's country of origin and it's age. It may have a makers stamp on the rib between the barrels but it may be faint and may be illegible now.

Ruger4570
September 27, 2007, 07:08 PM
As posted above, more infomation is required to make a good guess. The only thing I know is that a barrel diameter of .710 would be a 13 guage and a dia. of .693 would be a 14 guage. I have not personally seen a 13 guage ever, but I have seen a very few 14 guages. These were mostly European though. Great luck in you quest for information

Hawg Haggen
September 28, 2007, 04:59 PM
My guess would be Belgium mid to late 19'th century, but that's just a guess. Thousands of shotguns were imported from there. Some good, some not so good.

aughtsix
October 2, 2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks to all, for your info!!