PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Super nova

gunner01
September 26, 2007, 07:11 AM
Anyone use or have first hand knowledge of the super nova shotgun?
Does the recoil reduction really work?

BigJimP
September 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
The Benelli comfort tech system does work - I like it a lot - and it significantly reduces felt recoil. It's available on a number of their guns - the supernova, the supersport, etc.

The trick on shotguns - is fit - they need to shoot where you look since your eye is the rear sight - so height on the comb, drop at heel, etc are all real important when you mount the gun. Shotguns do not come in one size fits all. But if the supernova fits you - by all means, buy it - it is a good gun. Most guns can be modified to fit you - but the comfortech system - has only shims at the back of the receiver and an optional pad on the comb to make that work - which is fine for most shooters.

Right out of the box - the supersport - with an optional comb pad fit me like a glove.

Driveout02
October 18, 2007, 12:02 AM
I know this has nothing to do with the original post, but for the record, I think those Supernovas look like dogpoop.
~J

chris in va
October 18, 2007, 12:29 AM
I hope the newer Super Nova's are more refined because the regular 20ga Nova I had was a real dog. Extremely clunky/stiff action.