PDA

View Full Version : Remington gripe model 105CTI - need reality check

orionshooter
September 4, 2007, 11:18 PM
First post and hoping to get some advice

Purchased the 105CTI a couple of months ago and first 500 rounds went off without a hitch. Then started having failure to fires. Switched ammo - no improvement.

Inspecting the unfired shells indicates the failures to fires were caused by light and off center primer hits.

I stripped the gun down and found an interesting wear pattern on the bolt face. As you can see from the photo of the wear marks on the bolt face, it looks like the shell is not getting centered on the firing pin hole resulting in off center hits on the shell.

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/fpfiglia/P7220039.jpg

Called Remington - they sent me a box to return the gun for warranty repair. The gun has now been there for just over six weeks. WHen I called Remington two weeks to check on the status of the repair I was told that they were "waiting for parts to be sent over from production"

Am I being unreasonable to think Remington should have completed repairs by now?? I guess the most irritating part of the situation is that I am left with the impression that Remington believes it's good business practice to keep a customer who has already bought a gun waiting while continuing to use parts to build new guns that are not yet sold.

Anyway - just looking to vent and to get some informed feedback.

NINE
September 5, 2007, 01:54 AM
6 weeks is not unreasonable.

But I'd keep calling, quite regularly, at this point.

b.thomas
September 5, 2007, 05:25 AM
Guess Remington is having a few manufacturing problems of late?:rolleyes:
Like any new product on the market it takes a while to get the bugs out, unfortunately it's their new $1200 shotgun...................:mad:

I'll just stick with my old 1187 for a while longer!:o

Rimrod
September 5, 2007, 06:26 PM
From your photos it almost looks like the firing pin hole is located in the wrong place. They might have a whole batch of bolts that look just like yours.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
September 6, 2007, 06:06 AM
That's a shame---for that kind of money I would expect much better.

Keep calling----I would make myself a daily pest at this point----hunting season is coming up.

FirstFreedom
September 6, 2007, 08:10 AM
As much as that thing costs, I would expect them to get it back to you, OR a brand new (working one) by hunting season. Even if the new one is a loaner for hunting season, which they might want you to send back after they repair yours. Good luck.