PDA

View Full Version : Shot my Franchi I-12 tonight!

Full-choke
August 27, 2007, 05:57 PM
So I have had this Franchi I-12 now for around a month, never shot the thing. Finally took it with the little bit of spare time I had. As I strolled around the side of the hay barn there flew a pigeon, perfect! Gun up, safety off, Boom (Whew that kicked a little), Boom (Dead pigeon), Boom (Just for kicks :p).

Needless to say, I'm pretty pleased with it. I think it will make a fine waterfowl gun, and the deer shall be fearful.

F-C

arizona hunter
September 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
What length barrel is yours? Also, does their special recoil pad really make a diff? I currently have a Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag and am considering the I-12.

Full-choke
September 11, 2007, 08:01 PM
I thought the recoil pad was wonderful. I felt like it was kicking a lot less the my brothers 870, but the gun also fits me better. The barrel I believe is 26", but don't quote me on it.

Overall, the more I shoot it, I'm in love with it. My buddy tried to get me to take it in to the gun show for a bartering tool if needed and I sternly refused. That thing was sky busting bats like crazy the other night...I'm madly in love wit it. I don't think you could go wrong at all.

Full-choke

ebutler462
September 11, 2007, 09:09 PM
Put a $25.00 Limbsaver on it. You will thank me for suggesting it. Those inertia jobs need a little taming on recoil. Makes for a fun gun instead of a flinch developer.